Monday, January 24, 2011

Life and Style

On Saturday I went to a house-warming party wearing my piano-theme JSK. Towards the end of the party, it was going to move to a nightclub, but I declined to go because a) I did not think my grandparents would let me stay out so late, and b) I did not want to go wearing my Lolita dress!

Now I do know that there have been lolitas who wear Lolita fashion clubbing, but it seems like it would be hard to dance in! Not to mention the threat of spilled drinks and the crowds of rowdy clubbers...

Flickr photo from the club we were going to go to

Not to mention, when I go clubbing I want to dress up, wear lots of makeup and false lashes, and put my hair up! It is almost like cosplay to me, where I become somebody else. Rick said that when he first saw me (at a club), he assumed I was much older, and a wild type of girl. I am glad that he chose to get the time to know me outside of clubbing, because that is totally NOT who I am! But in my opinion, it is fun to be a wild version of oneself for a night and totally let go of all inhibitions (within reason, of course! Stay safe, ladies and gents!)

What are your thoughts on Lolita and "non-lolita" activities such as clubbing? Would you ever wear Lolita to a club?

The other part of this post is to see if there is any interest in a series of photo-posing posts from me?

I am not super-expert on posing, and most of the poses I know are for purikura type photos (I sort of really love purikura!) but I thought it would be a fun thing to do! There would be a series of poses using the numbers 1-10, then one on standing/leg poses, and one on seated posing. I know that I always brain-fart when it comes to actually posing for photos, but hopefully putting everything together into posts would make them easier to remember!

Poses are cute for close-up shots of makeup/jewelry/nail and can make photos more interesting to look at. It also helps avoid the "mug-shot" type of look I am sure we are all familiar with ;D

Let me know what you think in the comments!