Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Taste of Darkness

Ever since I had to get rid of my photo-editing programs (they were causing my netbook to slow down tremendously and spontaneously freeze), I have been much more reluctant to take photos and/or post them :( And I apologize for that!

Today I want to share a bit of an off-beat post. Last night I was visited by the Insomniasaur. Instead of sleeping, I tossed and turned and finally decided to just get up and do something crazy!

I am a Daily Lolita. I wear Lolita whenever I don't have work. Out of Lolita, my style is still sweet, girly, and covered with lace and ribbons! Sometimes, it is fun to try out a new style, though. Just to see how it would look, I put together a Gothic/Visual Kei style outfit. Hence, A Taste of Darkness.

Oh, and because the photos are a bit too dark ^^; SEE HOW CLEVER I AM IN MY SUBJECT? :o

A little preview:
Photobucket
It all started with the hair. I just wanted to mess around with my hair. It has never been dyed, only every touched heat-stylers 3 times (once for modeling, twice at a salon), and is very rarely backcombed. The length and style has pretty much stayed the same my entire life. I used to be a dancer in Chinese dance, and we needed our hair to be long and preferably one-length (no layers!) in order to be able to put all the huge hair pieces in!

But after styling my hair, I just got carried away with makeup. After makeup, it seemed to make sense to just go the whole way and put together an outfit!

I hope you enjoy this bit of randomness! ^u^v

Photobucket
Look at my rage-y face!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Two seated shots. I was actually adjusting the straps on my bodice in the second photo, but I think the "pose" looks all right :D

Photobucket
And a full-body shot! There are pearls sewn all over the tulle skirt, but it is quite difficult to see here.

Well, that was my little foray into Darkness fashion and style!

What style would you like to try? Do you like to stick to one style all the time, or do you change it up frequently? I know that there are a lot of Lolita/Gyaru mixes, and some Gothic Lolita/Western Goth mixes. How about your styles?? I am curious to know!!

Secretly I sort of want to shave my head into a mohawk and style it into a deathhawk, dye it with streaks of neon pink, get facial piercings, and sleeve tattoos (in UV ink!) but because I work as a teacher, I cannot do any of that.... :(