Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Keys to Unlock Your Heart Meetup

Shortly after arriving home from Japan, we had our September Lolita meetup!  The theme was "keys" and luckily, the Putumayo dress I'd purchased at Closet Child had an all-over print that included keys!

We went to a really unique little restaurant called 舒服生活(Comfortable Life)/Truffles Living which was FILLED with Western antiques!
Bear and Sheep
 All the items had little price stickers on them.  Yes, they were incredibly expensive. I have no idea how they got things like the desks and couches here??
Awesome-looking typewriter
 This restaurant apparently also rents out their space for photoshoots/wedding photography. It would definitely look very beautiful!  However, they also let us take photos as dining customers ^_~  We arrived early and there were few people around, so we got many photos!
The more you look, the more details you see
Like the onion cat



They also had a basement, which we thought was off-limits at first. Later a shop staff invited us to go downstairs to take photos!


My face that day. Can't do anything about those dark circles I guess!
 The food was pretty good as well.  I had a sandwich and then split a tea set with Doro

Cheesecake (Doro's), wafers, macaron, lemon tart (mine), fruit, and crackers! Also came with two beverages.
Because it was not busy that day, the owner did not enforce the time limit for eating.  So we took a lot of photos!
I need a black petticoat
Also look at all those typewriters!

Group photo!

After taking photos upstairs, we headed downstairs at the shop staff's prompting.

 To be honest, the basement was a TAD creepy... There were some horror movie paraphernalia and lots of antique doors and housing parts
Spooked myself when I accidentally moved as I took this photo
 There was so much to look at!

The overhead lighting made any other pose unflattering!
 There was a room that was set up almost like a classroom or theater.  Except instead of a screen or teacher's desk at the front, it was... a fireplace...

Where do all these doors lead?
Outfit Rundown:
Bolero: taobao shop (forget which)
JSK: Putumayo
Ring: (left) BTSSB, (right) offbrand
Petticoat: Classical Puppets
Socks: offbrand
Shoes: An*Tai*Na

Congrats if you noticed I had an Ultra Ball pin keeping my bolero closed ^_~v
NiYa ended up having the fewest/smallest keys (one on a necklace) so she drew for our October theme.  It is one of the ones I suggested: savory foods!!  Honestly I have no idea how I'm going to incorporate that yet, but I'll figure it out ha!

Hope everybody is having a great day and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!