Monday, May 17, 2021

Art Exhibit of Cardcaptor Sakura Pt. 2

 Are you ready for another photo-heavy post about Cardcaptor Sakura exhibit?



Last post ended on the Siege room, which was probably my favorite!  The room after was Maze and was full of art reproductions of the original illustrations that CLAMP did, but we were not allowed to do any sort of photography, videography, or recording in there.

After the Maze came the Record room!  They had some of the manga as well as some magazines with the magazine gifts displayed.  I forgot to take a photo of that part, unfortunately, but I think it will still be there for the second exhibit so I will do my best to remember to take photos then!

This is the item that I already own though:

Air-spray markers!

In the Record room there was this Kerochan-filled ball pit that we were not allowed to touch or go into, but the staff said we could put our dolls there to take photos!  So I put Violet there and Doro set her Kerochan (with froggie raincoat!) on the edge.

I also got the Clear Card wand into Teddy's paw for this photo!  This is the pen I bought at the Animate shop, and it's perfect for Teddy's size as a wand!

There was a Clear Card magic circle in the middle of the room and I really love this photo that I got!!  Because I made the wig too full, it always looks like there is air going through it, which worked out really perfectly for this photo.

You can't really tell, but the magic circle is raised ever so slightly and I didn't realize it so I stepped half on half off of the ledge and fell hard, scraping and bruising my knee and embarrassing myself.


Still got a pretty nice photo though~  The Sakura picture in the back on the left is my favorite illustration!  It's been reproduced many times with different frames to accent it.  In the goods shop I almost bought a sticker with a especially gorgeous floral-entwined frame, but I really cannot be buying "decorative" items right now.  Plus, I get sticker anxiety because you cannot reuse the stickers ,,ԾㅂԾ,,


The four of us in the Record room!  I really love the little capelet that Kerochan has in that illustration!  If I could recreate that elegant embroidery style, I'd want to make one for Teddy!  


The next room, which is a big attraction that I'd been looking forward to, is the room with the magic effect of the Big!!  There was a GIANT KEROCHAN!!!

They also had props that you could pose with!  There was a giant takoyaki, an oversized generic pastel drink, and a Clear Card wand.  I think there were clothes too, but they were either already borrowed or maybe the time window had passed, since the clothing in only available to rent during certain time windows twice a day.  I suppose it is so they can be cleaned more thoroughly?


The wand had apparently already been broken once, so I was very careful with holding it and tried not to do any dramatic poses in case it was fragile.  Since wands are top-heavy, I tried to keep it mostly vertical.



I'm pretending to seal a card :D

The staff can also help to take photos, but of course they don't really put much effort into it as they are stuck there all day so many of the photos came out blurry or tilted, but I tried to get a few good ones and edit them best I can!

Doro and I had a lot of fun with this room!  Doro brought the froggie raincoat (it's a much lighter, modern raincoat material rather than the vinyl that the costume description in the official art says the raincoat is made of) and put it on for these photos!


I capture Doro!!


Doro capture me!


No, I wish to wreak havoc upon the world!!


I also took a photo with the froggie raincoat!!  


Group photo!  We actually spend a bit of time inspecting the Big Kerochan to see how it was made.  It seems that it is an inflatable doll with a layer of fur covering the balloon portion, so it was plugged in in the back since that type of balloon thing continuously loses air through where the stitches were made.  It's similar to inflatable parade floats I think?

The final room before the gift shop was the Card Room that had all the cards from all three sets!!

We waited around a long time to get these empty room photos!  There were actually some people just out of frame, but since it was not crowded, we could all try to avoid each other's photos.


This card in the middle is semi-transparent and double-sided!  It was pretty cool ^u^
The walls of this room were also very shimmery.  I think it's like a pink iridescent film cover?
 

The back side of the card had a new illustration called Thanks (感謝)!  It's so cute!!!  And everybody who visited the exhibit got a little clear card with this Thanks illustration on it!!




I like all three sets of tarot cards and took some photos of my individual favorites from the Sakura and Clear Card sets.


The Flower is a very sweet card with a very pretty dress!  I have this card as an individual eyeshadow from a lottery drawing (I don't know the actual term) for Cardcaptor Sakura makeup.



Another favorite is The Dash!  The character they used seems to mean something like "drive" but I do like the way the character looks!  The Dash was so cute in the anime too.

And I'm sure a lot of people love The Mirror as well!!! She's so cute and gentle.  I'm glad she stayed the same from Clow to Sakura to Clear Card!


In Clear Card she is just called mirror, and I love the updated style!!  Now her characters also mean "reflection" (lit. "the image in the mirror")  and her eyes are open!



My all-time favorite Clear Card is Flight (飛翔)!!!  Not only is it very pretty in the card and when summoned, but it's got such a playful personality!!  This card was also available as an eyeshadow from the lucky drawing thing I mentioned earlier, but I couldn't spend more money to draw again at the time.... plus the chances were low anyway, so I'm happy to at least have The Flower.


After exiting the exhibit (and getting our Thanks cards!) we got to the gift shop.  There are actually two gift shops with this exhibit, with one open to the public and one being exhibit-limited.  I bought a couple things at the exhibit-limited shop, and will wait until next month to see how my finances are before I consider buying more items.  Some parts of the exhibit shop are forbidden to take photos, though!


I only took a photo of some acrylic display.  There were actually a lot of things available! Many things like scarves, keychains, door curtains, a whole rack of pillows, hair scrunchies, file folders, notebooks (I want one for my schedule book as my Pokemon one is getting towards the end), bags, scrolls/wall hangings, and a lot of acrylic standing decorations!

The beverage-themed acrylic standing decoration (in the photo below) even lets you change the contents inside!  But I cannot buy something that is only for display right now.... maybe when I get my own place *praying*


Originally we had thought we could go to the café afterward, but it turns out it is takeaway only so we did not.

Excuse my weird pose in the photo below~ I was a bit too tall and would cover the "Cafe stand" sign so I was trying to get shorter without really just bending down.

To finish off this very long post, I took photos of my gets!  First is the exhibit manual which introduces each room using photos from the Japanese exhibition setups.

Inside, there were photos from the Japan exhibits so you can see how the Maze room would have looked.  The location in Taipei is much smaller so the maze was much more... maze-like?  Not this much room.  So it's good that there was a limit to the number of people who can enter at one time.


Here are also some of the exhibit-limited goods that were available!


The backside has the Taiwan tile dress.

This is the really beautiful Thanks card that each attendee gets!  I think it would be a nice bookmark.

I bought a hair scrunchie (NT$200) since I lost my Cosplay Pikachu one in MN when I was there.  Still very sad about that as I got it at the Osaka Pokemon Center and it's really nice, but I like this new one too.  It's not satin, but rather a cotton sateen, which I hope will still be gentle and not cause friction on my hair!

The front side is sakura flowers.  They had around five different flower patterns for these scrunchies, but I like the pink one most!  The little charm is also adorable.

The exhibit shop had both Japan-imported and also Taiwan-made licensed goods.  Of course the Taiwan-made goods are less expensive as they were created with Taiwan income in mind.

Because I got the "dual exhibit" ticket pass (meaning I can attend the exhibit again after it updates) I also got this ticket holder!!  It's so beautiful.


And I think it can be used as a mask holder in the future!

And finally, I got a file folder as well!  It was a bit expensive at NT$150 (normal file folders that are printed are around NT$50-$99) but I think it is a good souvenir.  And file folders are so useful!



Thank you for reading!  Do you have a favorite card from the series?  Whether by design, power, personality, etc.  I already shared that Flight is my favorite, but I'd like to know everybody else's!

I am also going to try something different with comments here, not enabling Blogger comments and only using Disqus (you can sign in with your Google/blogger profile all the same) as Blogspot is not allowing me to reply to Blogger comments.  If the comment does not work, please comment on the previous post to let me know!


No comments: