Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Recent 3D artwork

I'm still practicing my 3D art and following tutorials online.  Sometimes I follow them exactly, and sometimes I blend tutorials together to create something new.  So I thought I would share some of these projects with you all!

First up is a boba tea I made.  The tea doesn't have much texture in it, and I think in the future I would add a texture to it if I want to use it for anything.

Next is a magic mushroom forest I made by following a tutorial series.  I also made the animation, but the file format is not supported by blogger.
Magic Fantasy Mushrooms

After that, I combined several different tutorials to make a glowing potion in a heart-shaped bottle with a metal spiral and a cork.  The bubbles are subtle, but you can see them a little bit! They were done procedurally and the liquid actually tilts with the bottle so it's always flat on top no matter how I rotate the bottle :3  That makes it easier to render as image without needing to model a new liquid at every angle!


And the most recent practice I did was another tutorial that I adjusted to make into an asset instead of a scene. This cocoa is textured and I think I would want to do something similar for the boba tea above to give it more depth and realism.  The boba is more of a stylized cartoony image without the texture. 
The picture on this cocoa mug is my summoning circle!  I designed it myself to mean something to me.  I'm quite pleased with it and use it as my stinger transition on Twitch as well as got it printed on a hoodie.  Unfortunately, the hoodie print quality is not quite what I hoped, so I am still looking for decent customization shops!

It's just a little update to what I've been doing recently after work~

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!