Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Long Time No Wear Meetup

 The thrills of finding a Lolita dress at a bargain deal is addicting!  So much so, that sometimes we can go overboard with buying and never get a chance to wear the dresses out.  Well, that may have affected some moreso than others, and was the theme for April's meetup!

Hako chose this theme, and it was quite fun to see what everybody wore!  In the end, I lost because my skirt was the newest (made two weeks ago) and Hako and NiYa both wore dresses they'd bought at the end of the year in 2013 O_O;

We went to an oldie but goodie, Rose House!  It's my favorite afternoon tea place because they've always got nice decor, good space, and really good afternoon tea at a reasonable price, and the foods on the platters change periodically.  I definitely suggest giving it a try!  Though the franchise branches tend to not have food that is quite as good, the tea is always spot on!
Group Photo
It was my first time wearing punk lolita, though it is one of my favorite styles!  I also tried a new makeup look for the first time @_@  I'm still on the fence about whether I like it or not... 
Prince William Afternoon Tea Set (for 2) NT$599

Layer 1: Sandwiches, puff pastry, quiche

Layer 2: scone, butter/rose jam, cookie, cake

Layer 3: strawberry mousse and apple filling, cream puff and macaron, chocolate mousse on chocolate cake with dried orange on top, mochi cake roll
Afterward, some of us went to Art Revolution Taipei, where Ano and I first met two years ago ^_~
I'll be doing a separate post on ART2016 at a later date.  For now, look at us holding our invitations!

What is the longest you've had a dress/skirt before you wore it?  I think I just get very excited about new clothing and wear them straight away ^^;  Several of the girls had dresses from Lucky Pack and Happy Pack purchases at the beginning of the year, but I wore my Happy Pack set already...