The topic of this challenge is: Create a replica!
Originally I was going to put up a post to vote on the dress we would be ispired by/replicating, but after I suggested any variety of BABY's tartan check JSKs, most people seemed to want that one, so that's what we're going with ^u^
I only grabbed a few varieties of JSK (images under the cut because there are quite a few) but basically, if it is called "tartan something JSK" by BABY, you can use it.
I will also post a series of deadlines for when to complete each step. If there are any suggestions or requests to lengthen or shorten the time frames, just comment below! You can also discuss amongst yourselves in the comments section (make sure you opt to receive email notification for replies to your comment or replies to this entry)
1) Choose a JSK to replicate, post an image of it, and draw/edit/describe what you are going to make and if you are making any changes. A fashion drawing or technical flat is optional.
Example: a fully shirred JSK with elastic straps, lace at the hem and along the top, a ribbon at the waist, and removable waist ties.
Deadline: July 7th
2) Choose and purchase materials, and post photos of them. The fabric only needs to by some sort of tartan. It can be printed, woven, tartan combined with other prints, or you can add solid colors to some panels of your dress, but tartan must be a feature.
Budget: US$50. If you are using leftover material, estimate the value.
Deadline: July 15th
3) Draft, drape, or alter patterns if using. Post photos of your patterns (this step I am not sure if it should be necessary)
Deadline: July 30th
4) Make your dress. Post at least one in-progress photo, please!
Deadline: September 10th
5) Do a small photoshoot of your dress coordinated into one or more complete outfits! You can make accessories, make it casual, dress it up, do a one dress many styles photoshoot, whatever! This is really just for fun and because dress-on-person usually looks way better than dress-on-dressform/bed/floor/hanger
Deadline: none or maybe September 30
Please let me know if there is anything you would like to add or change!
The idea of prizes has also been brought up. How do you all feel about prizes? Would anybody be willing to donate a prize to the winner if we turn this into a contest?
Please comment below with any ideas about voting/prizes/donations if this sounds like it would be fun. If there is enough interest, I will add a poll to the sidebar for voting!