Sunday, February 9, 2020

Artist Spotlight: Miki Takei

Happy Lantern Festival! I was unable to really do anything this year other than have fun with lantern riddles, but I do want to post today to wish my readers a lovely festival and also share this artist I newly discovered!

Image from LINE sticker store

I discovered Miki Takei while browsing the LINE sticker store and saw this set which reminded me a bit of ECONECO, but whimsical in a different way...

Image from LINE sticker store
At first glance, both seem to be sweet and pastel styles, but Miki Takei uses fewer patterns and such on surfaces, creating a more "realistic" image compared to the totally dreamy and cartoon fantasy style of ECONECO I previously shared here.  While browsing her instagram, I thought to myself, "It's like a pastel filter put on our world." There are so many cute baby animal pictures to look at! I can't help but smile when I scroll through her page.


Image from LINE sticker store
There are also some jewelry pieces in 3D molded metal that I really wish I could get *u*

Short post today, but thank you so much for reading and comments! ^u^v

What's your favorite color scheme? Jewel tones? Earthy tones? Dusty? Pastel? Bold? Neon? I think it's obvious that I like pastel best :P But I also really like Neon!! And... NEON PASTEL (that is a thing)

1 comment:

please share your thoughts!