Thursday, January 30, 2020

Year of the Rat GO!

Belated New Year post again! This time I have no excuse as I was not ill... but it did take me a few days to get photos from my friend because my phone ran out of power T^T  It's been having difficulty charging, but I also am reluctant to change to a new phone...

Photo thanks to ImaginaryDuke!

Unfortunately I left my red JSK in Taiwan as I couldn't fit everything in my suitcases when I moved, so this red blouse will have to do!

We had hotpot at Duke's house, and I made fagao that actually split this year!! Not perfectly, but still better than every other time I've made them.


發糕!
The splitting of the cakes when they rise (fa) is akin to your prosperity growing, so hopefully there will at least be... a little bit of prosperity in my future? Maybe the job situation will work out here? Either that or I can negotiate office hours at my job in Taiwan if I move back?


Duke kindly let me decorate his house with Chinese New Year decorations from decades ago :P Some of them are from when I was still very little!! He still had his Christmas tree up, so here is a combination of eastern and western holidays!

Secret snap of some of my friends!


Are you born in the Year of the Rat? Did you celebrate Lunar New Year at all? Or what other New Year do you celebrate? Pointy said he doesn't celebrate Cambodian New Year ever, but he did come to my Chinese New Year party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!