Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Sweet and Dark

Halfway through February already!  I've been rather low energy but try to pick myself up by changing out of my "lazy" clothing and doing a bit of makeup.

Changing how you look can really affect how you feel, even if you do something low-effort.  For Valentine's Day I had been hoping to do something elaborate and fun in terms of my outfit, but was 1) extremely hungover from a night of gin and soju (unplanned!) with my friends after hotpot, and 2) feeling rather stressed out about my financial situation.

I can up with the below look, which is a bit of an attempt at "Natural" makeup:

Primer: Milani
Eyeshadow: bh cosmetics Solar Flare palette
Lipstick: bh cosmetics Liplock lipstick
Blusher: Day Cover cream blush
Eyebrows: Sweets Tokyo pencil; essence cosmetics Make Me Brow
Concealer: Maybelline mineral concealer
Mascara: CoverGirl Clump Crusher Waterproof

Then just a couple days ago I felt like doing a full look (still no foundation... I really cannot be bothered a lot of the time) even though I was just going out for pho with my boyfriend and ImaginaryDuke and then helping another friend deliriousb clean up after a party (that I had skipped... haha!)

I went for a full spooky look using some loose eyeshadow from indie brand Apocalyptic Beauty! It really makes a big different to use NYX Glitter Glue with the shimmer colors.
Primer: Milani, NYX Glitter Glue
Eyeshadow: Apocalyptic Beauty
Eyebrow: essence pencil and Make Me Brow
Lips: NYX Liquid Suede
Highlight: AOA Studio baked highlight
Eyeliner: Milani (sucks...)
Mascara: CoverGirl Clump Crusher Waterproof

I really liked my outfit too!  I'd originally thought the garter I had wouldn't be practical to wear out, but it turned out to be really comfortable!
Featuring Natto kitty!!
Natto kept trying to jump up on me while I was trying to take an outfit photo ^^;

It's a bit hard to tell, but my hair is wavy for this look, too.  Now that my hair is much shorter, the waves from braids stay much longer!!  It's so fun to have short-medium hair!

How do you get yourself some energy when you feel mentally lethargic?  I'd like tips from other people on how they get themselves to use opposite action (doing the opposite of what your bad mentality or emotion wants you to do)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!