Monday, August 16, 2021

Cardcaptor Sakura Exhibit Second Edition

Finally Part 2 of the Cardcaptor Sakura Exhibit could open!!!  Find the first opening in two parts here and here for more photos of the interiors from the first visit.  The main part that changed was the art prints, which cannot be photographed.  I did also make a new wig for my teddy bear so I got new photos of her as well!



After the pandemic breakout and lockdown, we were unsure if the exhibit would even re-open.  They were offering refunds for tickets, but it would require you to turn in the ticket holder and Thank You card if you had it.  That did not seem worth it to Doro or me, so we chose to hold onto our gifts and just hope the exhibit would open again!!  Luckily, it did, so I booked a time slot quickly!  There were very few people there and masks are required as usual.


The giant books make for a great background!  Teddy still doesn't have a crown for this costume >_<; but I am not sure how to make it... I am considering using resin, but I'm quite bad at freehand resin still, so I haven't attempted it yet.  Perhaps some day in the future when I feel confident....


It was very hot that day.  Actually, it has been very hot most days recently!  Plus the humidity makes it so sticky and uncomfortable.  I wore this Innocent World JSK with just a light bolero over it, and wore glass socks so my feet wouldn't feel gross.





Apart from the illustrations changing, they also removed two of the real-life costumes that had been on display last time in the Siege room, so please view the earlier posts to see all the costumes!





There were also no props to use in the Big room, but the staff was happy to help us take photos anyway!

The last surprise change was the final card in the Card room!!


This time, the back of the card (fist time it was a custom Thank You card) is a Happiness card!!!  And yes, we did get another souvenir!!!



Then we visited the two gift shops again and we both bought items that we'd been eyeing the first time.  The good part about a two-part exhibit is that you have some time to think about whether you really want the exhibit shop goods or if you are just "in the moment" and want to impulse purchase something!

I purchased a gorgeous door curtain for my future apartment!  I love this illustration style, and it has both of Sakura's opening song battle costumes on it.  It's so perfect to me~


I also bought a grid-print notebook to use for my planner when my Pokemon book runs out.  I tell myself I'm buying these things because they're useful :3  And it's not bad to have cute things that are also useful rather than boring useful things!!


And at the exhibition shop I bought another scrunchie!  The last one I bought was really nice so I bought a blue one as well~


I'm so happy that we were able to go again!  And now I have some lovely goods for my future apartment.  I want my room to be magical girl theme, but it will likely be difficult.  Sakura is my favorite magical girl though!!! 

Who is your favorite magical girl?  Thank you for reading and I hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!