Saturday, June 3, 2023

Second Floor Cafe

I'm not a very sociable person and it is difficult for me to ask others to hang out, but I mustered up the courage and asked my friend Doro to hang out!  It's been both hot and rainy recently, which does make wearing Lolita a bit risky sometimes.  I brought an umbrella though only needed it briefly, and dressed casually.

So I guess this post can also be an example of wearing Lolita when it's hot and humid out!

We went to a restaurant called Second Floor Café.  It used to be very popular, but today it was surprisingly not as busy.  The prices have gone up, which might be why.  It was still mostly filled, but there was no queue or wait time and we had no reservations.

Wearing a chiffon blouse because it's lighter, and it's cropped so there's less bulk at the waist

I got a burger made with vegan meat (the dish itself is not vegan, but the patty is) called "future meat" in Chinese.  I'm not sure if it's the same as Impossible Burger or Beyond Beef types, but it tasted pretty good!  
The chunky potato swirl fries were pretty ok.  The brand of ketchup the restaurant had (I believe it was French's) was definitely too sweet for my taste, though!  Even with a lot of black pepper, it was too sweet.


Teddy is ready to devour!


As usual, I brought Taiwan Teddy with me, and Doro brought her Vtuber dolls!  I don't recall the name of this company or the characters, but she got a whole set of them!

Afterwards, we were very full and went to the nearby National Taiwan University to walk around and take photos!

KC, JSK: Innocent World
Bag: Swimmer
Shoes: Secret Shop

It did get a bit hot and sweaty, so I'm glad I was not wearing too many layers!

I also wore short socks to keep my legs cool

There were a few nice places to take photos around the campus.

My petticoat is a lighter A-line one to give my skirt a lift while keeping it airy.

And we had a lot of chatting!  Well, mostly Doro did the chatting because I'm not very good at talking ^^;  Especially not in Chinese.  So I listen instead!  Overall, I had a ton of fun and I'm glad we got to hang out.


I think I need to start doing more updos for my hair.  It's really just so hot with my hair down!  I wonder if my mom feels much cooler now that she's shaved her head (she started losing her hair after the second dose of chemotherapy.)

How common is vegetarian/vegan imitation meat in your area?  It's becoming more and more common at Western style restaurants here!  Well, just burgers from what I've seen, which is why it's only American-style restaurants haha!  I suppose the patties are the most popular form of veg*n meat~  I don't count the traditional vegetarian type "meats" that we have here because they're mostly starchy substitutes and don't feel or taste nearly as nice!  I like the "future meat" type because it's got a nicer texture and flavor.