Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Meeting Another Singaporean Friend!

 On Sunday I got to meet up with another Singaporean friend who I met through Twitch!  Kotoko and his wife came to Taiwan on holiday, and we met up in the evening.  

It was raining the whole time, unfortunately, so our RaoHe night market trip was a bit short as many vendors did not come out.  We still had a good time!  I got some stinky tofu~  While I'm not a fan of the deep fried variety as much, this one was quite good!  (Normally I prefer the grilled ones.)


Afterwards we walked through the rain to a bar/lounge called The House Taipei 屋內.  We were the only customers there as it was a Sunday night, plus it was raining hard!  There was only one bartender and he was very kind.  Neither of the drinks I ordered were available as he'd run out of ingredients (I originally wanted a Matcha cocktail, and then an Espresso Martini) so I asked for a recommendation and he offered a Tiramisu-inspired drink.  I don't even know if it was on the menu.


I'm glad I went with the tiramisu cocktail because it was DELICOUS!  Quite pricey at NT$350 (around US$12) so I only got one drink.  We chatted and it was really nice!

Kotoko also gifted us a chocolate bar which was in the flavor of kaya toast!!!  If you've read my Singapore posts, you'll know I tried kaya toast in Singapore but didn't do it right T^T as I had nobody with me when I tried it.  

We also had visited the Chocoelf shop in Chinatown when we were in Singapore~

I tried one piece of the chocolate already, and it tastes lightly of coconut.  Though it would have been cool to have the flavor of toast and butter as well, I think coconut is the most identifiable feature, and that's mostly what I taste in addition to the chocolate.

We only got one group photo and Lady Kotoko doesn't want to be revealed so I cropped her out, and then censored Exo and Kotoko's faces haha.  Kotoko has a wolf ear redeem on his channel, so I said we can both wear our beast ears when we meet up, hence our fuzzy ears!  I've just got monster ears :3

You can see the big rain in the background T0T


Wish you all a great week!

What is your go-to cocktail if you have one?  Or what style of drink do you prefer?  I like sweet or tangy ones.  Anything that taste like liquid dessert is sure to win me over!