Friday, August 21, 2026

Pokemon Go 10th Anniversary Event

Last week I went to a Pokemon Go 10th Anniversary event at an MRT station!  It was small and not well-organized in my opinion, but it was fun to visit on my way to a beauty expo!  



My original goal was to attend the Pikachu and Eevee meet and greet, but the queue was unclear and had a closing length, so I was 5 people too late.  I thought I was queuing for the meet and greet, but apparently not 😿
 
The same queue was also for the anniversary photo, so at least I wasn't waiting 30+ minutes for nothing!  I got this anniversary photo taken. 

I wanted to wear yellow to coordinate with Pikachu!  Of course, I have a pastel yellow rather than the bright yellow of Pikachu, but I think it still turned out well!


KC, hair combs, JSK, necklace: BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Underskirt: Forest Song
Shoes: Sheep Puff 

I also made a little reel for Instagram!  I hope it embeds here successfully...



The gift-exchange booths also did not actually say how to get the gifts, so it was a bit of wandering about and figuring it out, but I got them in the end!

The sticker sheet is from showing the Pokemon Go game homescreen.
The cup holder is from taking a photo in the game with the in-game camera with any of the displays, and upload publicly to social media with the @pokemongoapptw account tagged.  I posted it on @taiwan_teddy's account as that's the public one 😹


They also had these postcards that will be displayed!  I drew the simplest Pokemon I could think of on mine.  Other than Ditto.  I probably could have drawn Ditto.  But I didn't think of it at the time.  Also, I wanted to draw one that I really love! 

Do you play Pokemon Go?  If you do... add me?? 😹 I'm a casual now.  Back in the first five years or so, I was devoted!  Used to go out specifically to catch Pokemon!!  Now I don't even know how some of the features work 😹

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!