Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dinosaurs and Bunnies

I have a slight obsession with dinosaurs, so I went to see the Dawn of the Dinosaurs exhibit at the Chang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall on Wednesday! Then there was a tea party meetup over the weekend where half of us ended up wearing bunny motif dresses!


Click the photos to make them larger

Photobucket

This is me and my friend in front of the display for the exhibit ^u^ We're making imitation poses.


Photobucket
Dinosaur!

Fun fact: in Chinese, the words for "dinosaur" literally means "scary dragon." In Latin(?) it is "terrible lizard."
Photobucket
Crocodile-type dinosaur!
In Chinese they were called "scary crocodiles"
Photobucket
I am not sure what this is :o Some type of dinosaur!
Photobucket
This one is what we dubbed the "Derpasaurus"
Also know as the parrot-frog-iguana
Photobucket
A baby derpasaurus is being eaten
Photobucket
This guy is going to steal the other dinosaur's food!
Photobucket
A stamp for returning to the exhibit! I didn't return, but I wanted a stamp anyway!



Photobucket
My outfit for the meetup. I finished this the day of the meetup ^^;
Photobucket
We got this fabric as a group order! Hako and Amelie sent their fabric to a taobao shop (OT) with a design sketch and they made the dresses for them. How nice!
This is a good way to get custom-made dresses made with your own choice of fabrics/ribbon/trims. I'm not sure what other taobao shops offer this service, but it doesn't hurt to ask!
Photobucket
A group photo!