Wow and thank you to Kieli of Rainbow Star Candy for nominating me to do this blog award
I've officially withdrawn from uni and have been trying to figure out my life (scary!) for the past week, taking commissions, sewing samples, still keeping up with translation work, etc.
This is a nice break from all that
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the same 11 questions your nominator answered above.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Pick 11 nominees to answer your 11 questions.
5. You can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
6. Tell your 11 nominees you have nominated them.
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I don't really remember why I wanted to blog. It was more of an experiment and a place to put some tutorials I wanted to make, though I later found out I'm pretty bad at formatting and photos and pretty much everything a tutorial needs :P
2. What is your biggest dream?
My biggest dream is to make a living off of sewing things for others. I have a shop though I hope to have my own website at some point. Currently I am supporting myself on translation work, but I really get tired of it sometimes! In an ideal world I'd also be able to open a boutique/cafe combo with quaint decor and adorable uniforms
I personally love theme cafes and cute uniforms (I MAY or may not have a VIP card to a maid cafe here...) and they're quite popular in Taiwan, so hopefully it happens!
3. If money were no object, what would you do all day?
If money were limitless I'd sew, travel, go to Western conventions (sorry Asia, but your conventions are all extremely boring and crowded with no personal interaction!), and buy all the video games I want!!! Maybe I'd give styling a go as well. I've done styling for my classmates and for MVs before, but cannot afford to buy more cosmetics and such. I think it'd be really fun, though! Recently I spend a good chunk of money on hair to have a wig for my boyfriend for when he does interviews or exhibits, and that was really fun as well
4. What is your favorite country or place to visit and why?
Assuming this is referring to places I've been, there is really only Minnesota, USA, Taiwan, and Mumbai, India to compare! Mumbai was SO much fun to visit! A big part of that was because it was a big group of graffiti artists though. Minnesota and Taiwan are both really lovely too. I'd like to go to southern Taiwan again for a bit.
Other places I'd like to visit are:
Pokemon Center in Japan
Europe in general
Disney World and Disney Land anywhere they exist
Other parts of India
Actually I'm pretty open to visiting anywhere that isn't dangerous
Have you ever been to a place that your heart calls out to and you feel like it's your real home?
Not really. I've only really been to three places in my life and settled in two of them?
5. Oops, you’re stranded on an island (with plenty of water & food). What three things would you want with you?
Internet access on my computer
My boyfriend or other companion
Functioning bathtub and toilet
Technically I'm on an island right now :D Maybe the island in question is a developed nation island.
6. Name a movie and/or book that you recently watched/read and can highly recommend.
Oh gosh this is a difficult one! I haven't enjoyed any movies for quite some time, and haven't read any books at all!
Movie: The Lego Movie So this is from last year but I think it was a funny, touching, and memorable film. There are so many jokes and just cartoonish evil and adventure! Though it is just a movie about Legos, I found it much more entertaining and meaningful than any of the live-action movies that have come out recently. Of course, if you have any recommended movies for me, that would be great, too!
Book: I haven't read a book in about five years
7. What do you collect?
I'm not actively working on a collection, but I have a shelf of Pokemon goods and a lot more cute stickers than I'm willing to admit to. I'm more of a hoarder than a collector, to be honest.
8. What do you do to get “zen”?
Sewing is my zen when I am in the zone. If I'm not, it is a huge, frustrating disaster, but when I get into the mode I can just go and go and go!
I don't remember quotes well. Sometimes thing will pop up in my head, but I can't recall any at the moment, sorry!
10. What song do you like to sing out loud?
I make up my own songs and just sing them, making it up as I go. I have a truly devastating singing voice so I don't sing anything recognizable.
11. If you could learn something super fast (Matrix-style), what skill would you pick?
I would learn all the languages, ever. This is an underestimated superpower!! Plus, then I'd be able to do that world travel thing and also do translation work between any languages.
1. I adore guinea pigs and rabbits, having owned both before in America
2. I'm proud that I've been able to support myself since 20 (school/rent/life) but it is quite a strain
3. Pokemon is my favorite
4. I have exceedingly poor memory, which is the root of many frustrations and affects daily life
5. My extremities get cold easily
6. I drink a lot of coffee, but don't like sweetened coffee
7. I sew clothes for my teddy bear, who has her own fanpage
8. I prefer G+ to facebook because it's easier to filter your audience and hope more people begin to use it
9. Gloomy Bear is adorable, but I don't like the other characters
10. I want to try so many different crafts, but cannot afford the materials to do them all!
11. This list is hard. OK if that doesn't count, I like dinosaurs
1. Milk Bubble Tea
2. Chocolate-Covered Katie
4. Moments Like Diamonds
5. Klaire de lys
6. Dollhouse Diaries
There aren't many active blogs on my feed :(