Saturday, August 31, 2019

Artist Spotlight: Sebastian Masuda

The last artist spotlight of the month!  Sensational kawaii artist Sebastian Masuda (website)(instagram) is immensely popular, with international shows and probably best-known for fashion brand 6% Doki Doki (instagram)!
Za X Sebastiam Masuda powder compact
I bought this Za X Sebastian Masuda compact just for the art, but it turns out I really enjoy the powder foundation too and bought a refill for it before I left Taiwan.  His art is usually super cluttered and detailed.  The more you look at an arrangement, the more you see!

Some people may find it too messy, but I sort of enjoy that messy kawaii aesthetic when it's a small item like this ^u^v  I'm not sure how I'd feel in one of his installation art rooms!


Is this heaven or hell to you?

Image from his instagram
If you're ever in Tokyo, visit Kawaii Monster Cafe (instagram) for a taste of what it's like!  I was so exhausted when I visited that I fell asleep there and missed the performance show T^T  But have some photos to share!

The lighting inside is rather poor, so if you want to take prettier photos, bring an extra light with you!!
Kawaii cake!




Artist Palette Pasta!



He also made the art of "Yoshi's Crafted World" in the TV commercial (side note: that game is ADORABLE!  I played the demo!)
Image from instagram
As for the 6% Doki Doki style, I enjoy the busy prints as accent pieces, but I don't know if I'd dress head-to-toe in Doki Doki?  Of course, the shop staff all ROCK the sensational pop kawaii style!
Image from 6% Doki Doki instagram

Image from 6% Doki Doki instagram
Do you enjoy this style of art?  It's different from the previous artists I've posted about, as he is not an illustrator, but I really enjoy this as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!