Friday, March 5, 2021

Soft Cyber Kawaii

 

Recently received a new Cyberdog item and decided to try for a soft take on Cyberkei makeup!  I was sort of making it up as I went, but I think it turned out all right?



I used my bhcosmetics Trendy in Tokyo palette (review) for the purple base in Sake and to sketch out the pink part in Emoji shadow.  The lower lashline shadow is also Sake with Kyoto layered over it in the outer corner (the shimmers help Kyoto blend out smoothly)

The neon pink liner is actually Medusa's Makeup neon pigment powder mixed with eyedrops!  The consistency turned out really smooth and I was able to paint the line fairly easily.  Originally I only did the tail and then the inner corner (the parts that are visible when my eyes are open) but I ended up connecting them in my lid fold so that it'd create a floating liner when I close my eyes.


I rather like the way it looks with only the inner and outer corners visible though :3  Then I use a baked highlighter by AOA Studio for the center and inner corner highlights, and did the wing and lower liner with NYX epic ink liner.  I didn't do a good job of connecting the inner corner though, and my left hand shook when I did my left eye, so I had to fix a blob of liner by layering white eyeliner and then highlighter on top 


With the leftover neon pigment, I colored the inner of my eyebrows, but I think that makes the overall look a little to over the top XD so I may go for plain brows or powder color next time!!

I tried on two different lipsticks, and I think the black is more bold, and the pink more cute!  Not that anybody is going to see them anyway because I wear mask when I go out, just like everybody else haha!  

Usually I do rather over the top looks for Cyberkei with massive lashes and jewels/ribbons/drawing on my face, so I like this more subtle take on Cyberkei!  Pretty sure this mascara is on its way out though...

Thanks for hanging out with me!  I'm excited to do more things with the neon pigments I have.  I'd previously tried using them as shadows, but they require other shadows to blend at all, so I think using them mixed with liquid may be the best bet for me!