Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Sakura at the Temple and Antique Shop Photos

 Flower season is here!!  On March 4, Kamiko and I went to 竹林山 (Zhulin Mountain) to take photos.  Though the sakura blossoms were not in full bloom, we still got some nice photos as there is a large temple (觀音寺/Guanyin Temple) there.

It was really quite sunny!

KC, JSK: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Blouse: Little Dipper (taobao)
Shoes: Secret Shop (taobao) I think...

I like the traditional stone aesthetics of the area, though the electric lights they hang up sort of ruin some of the places in my opinion.  I'm sure it looks nice in the dark, though!


It was also a bit breezy, which kept us from overheating too much!  I coordinated my yellow BTSSB JSK set with some pastel mint.  I love the bears in this print, and there is a mint-colored one, so I think it's a good accent color.


It was honestly a bit difficult to keep my eyes open in the sun.  I feel like my face looks a bit strained in so many of the photos from trying not to squint!  It has also been quite a while since I did my makeup.  I feel out of practice...


There was also some statues of characters from the famous story Journey to the West.  I took a silly photo with the Monkey King!


Teddy was able to get a nice photo up close with some blooming blossoms at least~


The architecture in the area is really lovely.


Afterwards, we went to Kamiko's shop as she had to change out of her hanfu (historical Chinese clothing) to go pick up her son.  She owns an antique shop called Chippendale that doubles as a photography studio, so I took many photos!

I wish I had realized my petticoat was sticking out.  There are some other photos I like, but the petticoat is exposed even more, so it really doesn't look good!


She also has the rucksack size of Usakumyachan and Kumakumyachan!!!!  I was so excited to be able to hold them both!  Their magnetic paws are such a cute  feature


Though the shop itself is not very large, everything is set up to allow for many different scenes in one room.


The back room has a lot of Lolita clothing that you can rent to wear for photos.  There are many prints and more gorgeous styles that I'd love to try sometime!!


It was really neat to be able to see so many European antiques!  They are also for sale, but it's definitely FAR outside my budget...



Though the trip there and back took a long time, it was a great day!

I would love to go back to Chippendale with a steampunk aesthetic.  However, I do not actually own any steampunk aesthetic clothing ^^;

What is your favorite type of flower?  Since spring is floral season (and there are at least two more flower posts coming) I have seen many flowers!  But... I can't even choose a favorite!!  I think I really just love a mix of different ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!