Thursday, September 29, 2022

Renaissance Festival + Largest Candy Shop in Minnesota

Last weekend I went to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival and the largest candy shop in Minnesota!
The theme that weekend was Shamrocks and Shenanigans

To be honest, the festival was not as exciting as previous years because the things I wanted to do most were closed (petting zoo and Castle Escape escape room) but I still had a lot of fun!


I always love seeing the outfits from  both staff and patrons!  There were actually quite a few anime cosplays by children as well.  Not quite renaissance themed, but it's a fun time for all!


The food also sold out rather quickly.  The only thing I had to eat all day was a Mexican Street Corn which ended up being pretty delicious!  I'm not sure what spices were used, but it made the sour cream taste nice (I'm normally not a fan of sour cream on its own) and I'm glad I tried it! 


A few of the more interesting shops included a traditional book and paper mill.  The water wheel is actually used for making the paper there!


The elephant and camel section where you can ride them around.


And a new favorite: a board game shop!  It's free to play the board games there so a man taught us this game!  I don't remember the name, unfortunately, but we played two hands and I ended up with the most chips :3  
They also had very cool dice, cards, and tarot cards all based on historical games!


We also queued over an hour for ice cream for a friend's daughter only to find they were out of vanilla ice cream ^^;  But she was happy with chocolate too!


A giant rocking horse you can ride as well!


After the Renaissance Festival, a lot of people will go to the largest candy shop in Minnesota because it's close by!  So we saw a lot of Fest people there.  Also Spiderman.


The interior has very amazing decorations and they have candy and snacks (as well as games and puzzles) from all over!  Each room has a different theme.

Fairytale theme room:




Superhero theme room:


Harry Potter room:


Cartoon superhero room:


I have since been informed that I really need to see Wreck it Ralph ^u^


It was a long and very fun day!!!  

 Afterward, I went to my friend's house to shower because Ren Fest is DUSTY like you wouldn't believe.  If you scratch your skin, your nails will become black.  I shampooed my hair twice and scrubbed a lot!

Then we had dinner and watched What We Do in the Shadows before I went home :3  I slept so well that night!

What is your favorite type of candy?  I'm a sucker for sour sweets!  I bought some at the candy shop but was disappointed in the sour level :(  I also bought some cricket protein snack!


Honestly the cricket snack just taste like regular seeds and crunchy snack.  It was $6 for that small packet so I'm eating it slowly ^^;

Even if insect protein is better for the planet, if it's this expensive, nobody is going to try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!