Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nail Art - Basic Care Manicure

*Note: I am going to try doing bi-lingual blogging to improve on my Chinese before I actually move. Also, it is fun!*

Previously I have discussed the importance of preserving your hands and nails. Today I decided to snap some photos (which is pretty difficult to do while trying to remove polish!) while I removed an old manicure from the last meetup!
之前我有提過保養手和指甲的重要。今天我擦指甲油時,順便照了幾張相(不容易喔!)


This is how I do my basic "taking care of hands" manicure
接下來是我個人如何修指甲和保養

nail

This is my messed up manicure. Jewels have fallen off, the polish is chipping and peeling, and it just basically looks sloppy
這是我可憐的指甲。鑽石掉了,顏色毀了,真糟糕!

Start by removing the old polish. I used non-acetone nail polish remover, which is much gentler on natural nails. Soak a cotton ball with remover, then hold it to each nail for a few seconds. This allows the remover to start working on the polish and allows the polish to be wiped off easier
第一 步驟,把舊的顏色擦掉。用棉花球把去油水敷在指甲上。敷了幾秒後再把指甲油擦掉。
nail

After removing all your polish, wash your hands and clean under your nails with a nail brush or an old child's toothbrush. The bristles are softer on a child's toothbrush, so this is good if you have sensitive skin! You can also give your cuticles a scrubbing to loosen any dead skin and to stimulate circulation
接下來把手洗一洗,再拿指甲刷把指甲下方刷乾淨。
nail

Next, moisturize with a creamy hand lotion and/or cuticle cream/oil. If you have long nails like I do, I find that it is easier to take the lotion from a pot with my knuckle. This way, no lotion gets stuck under my nails!
再過來要用LOTION。如果指甲比較長,用指關節來擦才不會把LOTION弄到指甲下方!
nail

Then you are done with your basic care! It is good to let your nails breathe every once in a while, so don't keep them covered in nail polish or false nails 24/7 - the health of your nails will suffer
完成!為了保護指甲健康,偶爾要讓指甲透透氣!
nail

I still have a couple specks of gold polish because I got super glue on my hands and the remover couldn't get it off =__=

I love nail art and love to experiment when I have the time! Hopefully after finals I will be able to relax a little bit and take some photos of doing nail art!
這學期念完後,我有空再秀如何化有創意的指甲!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!