Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tiana's Kitchen~NiYa Toast

I would like to start this post off by telling everybody that I am terrible at editing videos. Seriously. It took me 3 days to edit less than 15 minutes of footage! But I felt that this recipe would be more fun with a video!!

Remember the Mini Garden Meetup I blogged about after Mother's Day? And remember I said, "We were joking about how it was too sweet and decided we are going to invent our own version, but savory instead of sweet"

I actually did it :D I named it after NiYa, who joked about needing to drink soy sauce. NiYa Toast sounds a bit like Honey Toast (MiTang Toast). The subtitles are actually in Chinese, but I wanted to share my hard work! I am planning on getting an English version up too, but the video itself should actually be pretty self explanatory ;D


This is Seafood Flavored NiYa Toast! I plan on trying Curry next :D


Ingredients:
Uncut Toast
Basil
Garlic
Butter
Parmesan Cheese (or any white cheese)
Tri-color veggie mix
Seafood mix
Broccoli, Asparagus, etc. for decoration

Directions:
1) Chop garlic finely and mix with melted butter
2) Cut loaf of bread in half
3) Cut four sides of a square in the center of your half-loaf. Leave about 1cm border and base (don't cut through the bottom!)
4) Cut the bottom free from the side
5) Pull out the center and cut into long rectangles
6) Cover with garlic butter and toast lightly
7) Stir fry veggies and seafood mix in a pan. Season and thicken with cornstarch.
8) Chop basil, garlic, and cheese together to make handmade pesto
9) Place bread rectangles back into the hollow toast center
10) Top with seafood mix and a scoop of handmade pesto (to replace ice cream on Honey Toast)
11) Add small broccoli florets in place of whip and use asparagus in place of wafers
12) Transfer to a pretty plate and decorate the plate
13) You are done!

I think the video should explain everything OK, but if you have questions please feel free to ask in the comments below!