Thursday, November 7, 2013

Kana Ruffle Blouse: Editing Needed!

Today I decided to try another EGLB sewing pattern, and decided on the Kana Ruffle Blouse from the third volume. I took photos of the steps as I went, but I found several issues with the pattern and directions that I'd like to mess with before actually doing a tutorial because... well, it just is difficult and some parts don't make sense!

This is what it looks like so far (no buttons because I'm not sure I want to bother)
 photo CIMG0087_zps8cb5ee58.jpg

When I get more fabric I'll try it again. If you'd like to see a list of what I found trange with the pattern and directions, keep reading:

*Collar pattern is strangely curved
*Collar doesn't seem to fit correctly
*Collar stand and collar are attached in a very strange and difficult way
*Cuffs are attached in a strange and difficult way
*Front darts go above the bust point, which makes no sense unless your chest is larger than your bust
*The sleeve cap is very shallow, making the sleeves naturally hang at an outwards angle rather than straight down, meaning there is more fabric bunching up at the underarms when the arms are relaxed
*Directions say to "fold the placket as shown" but there are no pictures or anything showing how to fold it (don't worry, it's easy)