Friday, June 21, 2019

Donut Time and Personal News

KC, JSK: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Blouse: Little Dipper
Bag: Swimmer Japan
Petticoat: Classical Puppets

Starting out with a donut day photo!  I was at a local shopping center and there was this setup for "National Donut Day" in the center!  I don't think that's a real holiday, but it was a nice background for a photo~

We didn't really go out for doughnuts though ^_~

What is your favorite fake holiday?  Well, other than International Lolita Day I suppose!

Now onto a more personal update:
I originally moved here because I had a job offer here, however after orientation I decided that it is not a good fit for me and so have not taken any cases, despite having already paid US$50 for roster registration and US$50 for a background check.  To be honest, I had a bit of an anxiety attack at the place and had to hide it behind some sunglasses so people wouldn't see me crying ^^;  Most embarrassing behavior!

So I have been searching for other work with no luck.  Got some replies and tests taken but either was rejected or simply never heard back (most are doing mass recruitment so perhaps my results were lost as they said all applicants get a reply.)

I've also had an intake assessment at a job help center so I'm hoping I qualify for assistance to get work. 

If all else fails, I will move back to Taipei in September when ticket prices go back down and either try to negotiate office hours at my current job or look for additional work as all my work experience is in Taipei.

Though I have wonderful friends here, I don't think I am a good fit for the lifestyle and current culture.  It has certainly changed a lot in the last decade, more than I could have anticipated based on reading online!  Though Minnesota was a good home that my parents provided for me, Taipei is a good home that I made for myself.

So what happens next is really up in the air and I'm terribly nervous about that.  I've been losing sleep and not been doing very well in daily life, but on Monday I will have an intake for mental health assessment so I can get help.  Personally I'm not a fan of hiding behind mental illness as an excuse to not do anything or try to get pity or handouts from others (rather manipulative to do so, really) so if there is help available, I'm definitely going to take it!

Normally I don't talk about much personal news on here so I hope this wasn't too much ^^;

Thanks for reading!  How have you all been doing recently?  Hope everybody is doing well :)  I'm trying to comment more on others' personal blogs as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!