Monday, June 10, 2019

Dragon Boat Festival 2019

Happy belated Dragon Boat Festival!  I wasn't going to post about it because nothing happens for Dragon Boat Festival here, but I'm going to share the zongzi I made anyway ^u^v

Normally zongzi are filled with a lot of stuff like fatty pork, peanuts, water chestnut, shitake mushrooms, and even more stuff depending on each seller's recipes!  Because I made mine very last minute, I didn't have any ingredients, not even glutinous rice!  The middle-eastern grocer didn't have any either, so I used the leftover white rice we had at home ^^;

The sauce is normally very flavorful, but I only used soy sauce and spices!  I did manage to get bamboo leaves and cotton twine at least!  And the zongzi didn't fall apart when I wrapped them!

Once steamed, the inside is far more lacking!  The filling is really only tofu and white mushrooms!

I will need to plan ahead next time...

What traditional food do you like to make?  I guess it doesn't even need to be a traditional food :P  Just what festival or holiday food do you enjoy making?

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!