Saturday, August 19, 2023

Recent Random Outings

 Since my little sister Fruuuuefrue is visiting from the US, I've been going out pretty much every day!  But been too tired from going out to blog properly.

Last Sunday we went to a drag show at an outdoor café.  It was my first drag show in years!  I'd previously only been to ones where I knew the performers personally for charity events, so this was different!


I wore something spooky and did my makeup.


NGL I didn't take the vest off at all because I was self-conscious about my lack of a defined waistline
Skirt is by QutieFrash

I took videos of the queens, but am not tech smart enough to figure out how to post them fully on Instagram so only the first 60 seconds of each got posted ^^;  And I didn't know any of their IG handles so no tags either.  I don't know how to social medial very well at all.


A few days later I took Fruuuuefrue to the Taipei Metro mall to look at shops.  Many, many shops have closed down in recent years and been replaced with gacha machines.  It's a bit sad, but gachas do make a lot of money and don't require much shop staff, if any.

It was rainy so I wore my rain boots!

We passed by a Mister Donut shop and while browsing, saw that they had a limited time collab with a hotpot shop making mala (numb spicy) doughnuts!! We got one of each flavor to try.  The original is surprisingly good! It's fragrant rather than spicy, and has the mild sweetness of MisDo classic doughnuts.
Left one has a peanut butter filling, which overpowered the fragrance of the mala pepper

The next day we went to 鶯歌 (YingGe), a ceramics area and visited the ceramics museum as well as the old street.  Fruuuuefrue does ceramics, so she was interested in this place!
KC: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
JSK: Handmade by me

When I got home, half my order from taobao had arrived, including some underskirts I bought!  I really like how this dress looks with an underskirt much better.
Before and after

A recreation of a trolley kiln.  The trolley traveled through the kiln, baking the ceramics on it.

Modern ceramics

I'll end this post here so it doesn't get too long!  Hope you enjoyed some photos ^u^v

I'm doing my best to stay active!


No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!