Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Rose House with Fruuuuefrue

 It's been years since I've been to Rose House and my little sister Fruuuuefrue wanted afternoon tea, so we went there yesterday!

KC, JSK: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Teddy's JSK: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT

It was nice to visit this branch again!  Several other branches have closed down. This one is in a tourist area so I hope that means they have better business!  It's small, but still elegant.

Prince William tea for two

One thing I do not like about the tea for two is that they do not give two of everything; you are expected to split the portions!

There are two sandwiches, but they contain ham so I have them to my sister
The quiche is spinach and salmon; yummy!

My favorite part is the rose jam!  Rose House is known for their tea and the rose jam. It's even available sold separately!
Look at the pretty color of the rose jam! Matches well with the scone~

The desserts also change periodically if I recall correctly! Or maybe it was changing based on which branch you go to?  In any case, this is what we got this time:
Honestly I am not a fan of cherry preserves, so the cheesecake wasn't my favorite.

After eating, we walked around the tourist area and went to a cute alcohol shop called Bunnyville.  I'd seen them around in grocers before, but never bought any. At the actual shop, you can sample the alcohol, so I sampled some and ended up buying two mini bottles!

Chocolate and Coffee flavors

Fruuuuefrue also bought one as a gift for one of her pet-sitters.  The bottles can actually stack on top of each other!  It was a bit expensive at NT$150 (~US$5) for only 100ml, so maybe I should have bought the bigger bottles... but I just wanted a little bit!  The coffee one is sweet and the chocolate one is fragrant.  They also sold bunny-shaped pour spouts which were ADORABLE but I don't have enough alcohol to justify buying one ^^;

At one shop that sold freeze-dried strawberries, they were handing out samples which were generously-sized!  It was strawberry ice cream with a whole freeze-dried strawberry on top!  So nice!

And a random photo of Demon Slayer Lycee eye drops that I found haha.  The eye doctor told me it's not great to use these eye drops (they give a cooling sensation which feels nice on tired eyes) because it reduces your eyes' natural ability to lubricate O_Q  Years ago, I bought a Pikachu one of these when there was a collab.

It was a nice day though my feet hurt because my shoes are VERY old and all the padding has been worn out.  I need new shoes pads!

What is your favorite topping for scones?  Apart from rose jam, I really love the classic clotted cream :3

Thanks for reading and I hope you're all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!