Friday, November 24, 2023

Magic School Event at Kokorolia

Guess who went back to Kokorolia maid cafe again!!  And this time they have a Magic School event going on!  I "enrolled" and drew the card for the Gaia house~  That's the Earth themed one, so my "report card" is all earth themed.  There was also a water house and a fire house.

It is a cute and fun event, but in order to graduate and earn a prize, you need to clear many quests (called "taking credits") that will not be feasible for me in the time limit.  It can certainly get pricey to go too frequently!

However, this time I did get the Magic Set Meal because my friend treated me!!  So let's see what it contains.



In addition to the soup and salad same as last time (see previous post), we also got randomized magic potions!  They both had a light fruity flavor, but tasted different.  It's difficult to tell what soda flavors are sometimes.

When the potions were served, the maids had us each make a wish as they poured the drinks for us~


Inside the glass was some edible glitter!  The photo doesn't show it very well I think, but you can see it a bit!


For mains, I ordered the mermaid pasta which arrived in a big seashell plate.  It was quite a lot and very filling!  The flavor was also good and there was lots of fish eggs in the sauce.

My friend got the chicken curry and the maid drew an adorable kitten on it in ketchup!

Magic Set Meal also means the maids will do a magic spell with you to make your meal more delicious~~ 


With the set meal comes a Polaroid chance!  Because my friend didn't want to take a photo with the maids, he gave the chance to my teddy bear ^u^v  

It's actually taken on a digital camera and then they print it out on Polaroid film.  It's got the Polaroid effect as well, so everything is rather bright and some details can be lost, but I think it's a neat effect!

The maids then draw and decorate your photo at your table while chatting with you~  It was so nice and they are talented at the drawings!  They also give a protective cover for the photos so they don't get scratched or damaged.  I'm happy!

(Violet is Taiwan Teddy's real name)

 They were wearing animal ears for the Magic School event, and had different uniforms for it!  Usually their outfits are different, but that day they had brown uniforms with different color ribbon depending on which house they belong to.

It's also the 5-year anniversary for this cafe, so that's exciting!  Both these maids have been there for all 5 years :o  I imagine they have solid fanbase, too!

The cafe was busier than usual for a Wednesday afternoon.  I assume some people had showed up specifically for this Magic School event as you need to go at least four times in order to graduate on time!

What elemental house would you want to belong to?  I was good with either Earth or Water, so I'm happy I got Earth.  They did the sorting by having you randomly draw from three Cardcaptor Sakura Clow cards, so it's really random!  A questionnaire would also have been fun, but that would likely take longer and you could fudge your answers to get whatever house you want probably.