Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Curating My Wardrobe: Bags

Recently I have been thinking of curating my wardrobe to make it easier to make coordinates and downsize my closet.  While I'm not sure whether I'll document the whole process, I thought I'd share the bag portion at least! 

First I categorized my bags, and then went through each group to see which ones I should keep or donate or bin.

Big Bags

Clockwise from left: Swimmer Japan, Hello Kitty, Kreepsville

First up is my big bags.  I use all three very regularly, so I will be keeping all three!  One for sweet outfits, one for spooky, and one for both/casual!  The Hello Kitty one is starting to peel and fall apart, so it'll lose its life soon enough I'm sure 😿but I'll keep using it as long as I can!

Medium Bags
Clockwise from left: Three-way ita bag from Taobao, local shop, Harajuku Lovers

When taking out my medium bags, I realized that I have a Harajuku Lovers bag I only used once because I store it away from my other bags.  I'll be storing it with the others and see if I use it more!  If not, it should go.  I use the backpack a lot for short outings to nearby shops, and the ita bag is my only ita bag.  It is a bit heavy, but I want to try using it more frequently!  When I put Taiwan Teddy inside, her head sticks out, so that is part of the reason I don't use it as often as my big bags, but I should try using it more!

Small Bags

Left to right: offbrand, offbrand, BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT magazine gift, Kreepsville, magazine gift, offbrand


I have the most of small bags, but I use these the least!  I can also see that I have two book-style bags and really only need one....

So I am likely getting rid of the My Melody bag, the BABY tiny bag (as much as it pains me, I've never used it once), and the Alice in Wonderland white book bag as it is a handheld bad with no shoulder strap.

The second bag from the left is not really my style, but useful to have for formal events at non-subculture events.  I used it for my cousin's wedding recently!

The Kreepsville coffin bag I do use when wearing spooky outfits, but I need to use the book-shaped bag more to justify keeping it.

Miscellaneous Bags

BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT

OK I'll admit I've never used this bag once, but I simply cannot get rid of it!!  I got it while in Japan as a part of a lucky pack and it's so unique!!!  But I really don't know how to style it.  Maybe that can be a challenge for the next tea party!

So in the end, I only got rid of three of the bags pictured, and have two as maybes, but will hopefully be rotating through them more now that I'm aware of which bags I have and am storing them all in the same place!

Have you ever done a closet curating?  I'm thinking of doing socks next... but that definitely isn't worth photographing haha!  I'll just get rid of the ones that are losing their elastic or have too many holes to repair.