Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Chinese Style Lolita at Maid Cafe

 This week Kokorolia, the maid cafe I like to go to, has a Chinese theme event!  So all the maids are wearing Chinese theme clothing!  From qipao-inspired fluffy dresses to modernized hanfu, so of course I had to go!

And I had to wear my own Chinese-themed Lolita dress!

Hair clips: Tila Bunny Sweety (local artist)
Scrunchies: taobao
JSK: made by me
Shoes: Sheep Puff (taobao)
I just did some bun pigtails and decorated them with scrunchies and hair clips as I didn't want to deal with braiding a lot or doing any elaborate hairstyle.  I'm really no good with hairstyles!!!
Hair clips: Tila Bunny Sweetie
    

 For my makeup, I did yellow shimmer on top and blue shimmer on bottom. Usually I do red eye makeup for Chinese or Japanese theme outfits, but I wanted to try something different today!  Several of the maids complimented my makeup~~ 😊

I also wore lashes for the first time in ages!

IDK why I look weird when I smile


I got the fish burger again, but got a set meal this time as I wanted a drink, plus a photo with a maid!
Fish burger (NT$270) + Set Meal A (NT$160)


I also had a friend take photos of my full outfit!


The maid I chose to take photo with was θ•Ύε¨œ (Leina) as usual!  She had panda ears on today and a green x black qipao inspired dress, so she grabbed her panda doll (a birthday gift from another maid) to match with my teddy bear!
Her decorations she drew are beautiful!

Their facebook page shows a group photo for each day of a theme week, so here was today's photo:

Isn't everybody adorable?

As always, the maids were all so sweet!  小葡 (lower left in black) was working the kitchen counter today so we didn't talk to her at all, but the other maids all chatted with us and complimented my outfit!  

Also check out θ•Ύε¨œ/Leina's hairstyle!  She made braided hearts in her pigtails!  I asked her if it's difficult to do and she said it's not difficult in practice, so I think I may try that sometime soon.... I've seen reels on Instagram showing similar styles (not braided) but don't really trust short form content 😹 as it's overly edited so I thought it'd be difficult!  

If it works for me, I'll be sure to post updates!

Thanks for reading! I want more Chinese-theme Lolita dresses!  They can be so pretty~  Hanfu or Qipao style both look great!

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh I absolutely love this look! Love how you did your hair and make too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smile is precious~ And that dress is fabulous!! I'm always stunned when people say they created clothing on their own, like (˚0˚)!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah!! Thank you so much! I feel awkward when I smile too big.
      I used to do lots more sewing!! But now so lazy... Plus machine broken haha!

      Delete
  3. Your dress and whole outfit are gorgeous!! I was wondering what brand it was until you said you made it :0 Did you use a pattern? I’m finally getting better at sewing xD definitely not to your level, but someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I drafted the pattern myself ages ago (don't think I kept it.)
      Jiayou (do your best!) with sewing! I haven't sewn in absolute ages and am not sure if I'll ever get back to it, but it can be fun and you get some unique clothes to wear out of it!

      Delete

please share your thoughts!