Monday, August 3, 2015

Alice is Coming

Alice in Wonderland is probably the most popular story in the Lolita community.  There have been countless Alice themed prints and the whimsical innocence and essence of the story reflects what Lolita fashion is all about!  So of course when I happened upon 來自愛麗絲/Alice is Coming, of course I had to go!

It is a second-floor restaurant above a Family Mart

It is on the second floor and the entrance is just a little door with a vine-covered hallway.  A card guard watches the door.  Take a right past the bookcase and you'll see the archway of playing cards that welcome you to Wonderland!
Entering

Menu snap! I put jewels by the one I ordered

Taiwan Teddy and Alice Bunny
 The restaurant knows their customer base well - there is a section set up purely for taking photos!  The entire restaurant space is spilling over with Alice paraphernalia as well!
Entire section devoted to photos with props!

Maybe you will be seated in the Queen of Hearts' garden?
 The details in the place mats and coasters are really cute and make you want to keep them!  OK, I actually did take a coaster for scrapbooking ^u^v  Just too cute!
Lovely coaster with a silhouette of Alice in a red rose

Hardcover menu

Playing card place mat

There were many, many puzzles of Wonderland themes that were framed on all the walls!

You're nothing but a deck of cards!

Adorable teapot
       There was a shelf of goods you could buy as well

I actually went twice in a week!  Their vegetarian options for savory foods consists of only two items, but if you've got a sweet tooth then half the menu is yours for the trying!  It is always time for tea, after all~
Round 1: garlic mushroom brunch with French Toast and potato chunks

The plates appear to be custom rose clocks as well

The door Alice tried to go through! This is a fake door on the way to the bathroom
The second time I went, I got the King set meal, which allows you to add $130 to choose any $160 beverage.  I chose a cappuccino to go with my sandwich
Round 2: Vegetarian Sandwich.  The picks are card suits!  I kept mine for scrapbooking
 And the coffee came in this absolutely adorable and completely unique cup!  Definitely an Alice item, it is modeled after three teacups stacked together and really has three handles.  You can choose which one or two to hold on to in order to best get the beverage in your mouth without spilling.  I thought it would be difficult, but it proved to be well-designed and I REALLY WANT ONE
Triple serving?
For the month of August there is a "Mad Hatter's bonus event" where for every $500 spent you earn a ticket to exchange for a cake.  Our combined total for three set meals today was over $1000 so we got two tickets!  Which means... I'll be back...

Have you read both Alice in Wonderland books?  Which did you enjoy more?  I personally get the two a bit confused because Disney Alice combines the two together, and the Red Queen and Queen of Hearts are often used interchangeably despite the fact they are quite different in disposition!  However, I do feel that I like the first book a bit more than the second, Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found Behind it.