On Monday I went to Taichung (central Taiwan) for a day. Originally we'd planned to go to the nature and science museum and then the Bugcat Capoo Café, but both are closed on Mondays! Actually, lots of places were closed on Mondays.... Unfortunate!!
We ended up at department stores instead, which is just the same as Taipei 😹😹😹 but the Lalaport in Taichung has a Vivienne Westwood Café!
I'd been meaning to go ever since my friend told me Taiwan had one! Unfortunately, the one in Taipei at the flagship store must have closed years ago, so we never got a chance to experience it when she was visiting.
This time, I got to visit with some other friends! But we were very full from lunch so only had some sweets and drinks.
I made a video, so hope it uploads!
The menu does include savory foods as well, so I'd like to try that in the future.
The café space is very small with only a few tables Plus a window - facing bar seating, but the chairs are super nice!
I loved the teapot and cups too! They're all branded with Vivienne Westwood design.
The matcha au lait was too sweet for me to be honest. I think I'd get a regular tea in future!
The brownie was also very sweet, but came with ice cream so it's nice! It would go well with an unsweetened tea I think.
The tiramisu was my favorite ~ It used actual ladyfingers and had the fragrance of rum. Tiramisu in Taiwan in often done with just cake and whipped cream with cocoa dusted on top, so this one is closer to a proper tiramisu!
While I wouldn't go to Taichung purely for this café, if I were already in Taichung and nearby to Lalaport, I'd definitely go again!





No comments:
Post a Comment
please share your thoughts!