Thursday, June 30, 2022

Popteen Kumikki Color Make Tutorial Case 3: Yellow x Pinup

 Last case of the Kumikki Color Make tutorials!  This is a retro theme!  I tried to do my hair like hers as well for the finished photo.  Today is a lesser-seen color in makeup: yellow.  Mixed with the pinup theme, it's not something I have seen or would have thought of myself.






Makeup steps:
1. Apply yellow shadow all over the lid.  Apply it wider than the start of the eye at the inner corner.  I'm using Sugarpill Butter Cupcake yellow shadow which is quite bright in real life, but looks more muted in the photos.

2. Apply orange shadow under the eye.  I think the rest of the text is an explanation on they are in the same color family?  Not sure! I used Trendsetter from my bhcosmetics Trendy in Tokyo palette. It is a reddish orange.

3. Apply a brown shadow in the outer corner.  Once again, I used my contour palette. This step really added some depth to the look! It's not a very obviously dark color, but it made a big difference.

4. Draw a line with brown liner.  I can't understand the description, but however you do it is supposed to give a pinup feel.  I did a thin line with a light flick at the tail because that's what it looks like in the photo.

5. Apply false lashes, making sure the outer corner doesn't droop.  I didn't have a good set for this, so I skipped to just applying mascara.  Fix your lashes in place with your fingers and push them up.

6. This look uses lower lashes! I didn't have any...

7. Use brown mascara for the lower lashes. I think it says to make your lashes into bunches (similar to the lower falsies) but I can't be sure!!


Cheek & Lip:
1. Apply the blush on the apples of your cheeks in a patting motion.  I patted on my trusty milani blush!

2. Use a red lipstick all over the lips and overdraw (I think? It says "thick" and it looks overdrawn in the photo.)  I don't have a true red, only a blood red, so I dotted my NYX soft matte lip cream on and smudged it out to lessen the darkness.  Then I topped it with the essence lipgloss for shine.

The hair looks like rolled faux bangs, so I tried it myself!  The other side (away from the camera) is really puffy so there are only photos from one side of my face today.  It looks like a more modern take on bumper bangs from pinup style!

Certainly an new look for me!  The yellow is a statement color but it's toned down in this look with brown to stand out less.  I really like this look!  It may work for some Lolita coordinates as well if I change the lower lashline.


What is your LEAST used eyeshadow color?  Mine is probably orange.  I just don't know how to make it look good!  Using it as an accent color like today's look is probably all I can do.  Maybe I should challenge myself to use it since I have 2 shades of orange in the Trendy in Tokyo palette, Sugarpill orange shadow, and some oranges from Apocalyptic Cosmetics in Harvest Goddess subscription bag.  Time to look for inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!