Monday, June 27, 2022

Popteen Kumikki Color Make Tutorial Case 2: Pink x Girly

Today is about Case 2: Pink x Girly from the Kumikki Color Make tutorial series!  I'll be honest; I do not like this one as much, despite pink being one of my favorite makeup colors.  I believe it is largely due to having different products as well as my eyelids having visible discoloration.

Her version vs. my version is a stark difference!  My camera also refused to focus on my face, so everything is slightly blurry.

In my closeup photos, you can see the veins and discoloration in my eyes compared to the magazine version.  I think for a light look like this, I would need a concealing base rather than just the cream shadow by itself.

Makeup steps (to the best of my understanding):
1. Cover the lid in a coral pink cream shadow for a natural look.
2. Add a small bit under the eye for some shiny effect (?)  I actually cannot understand this step completely! I just applied the coral pink cream in the circled area.
3. Third step I also don't understand much other than the words for eyes XD So I applied a matching powered blush in the circled area (closer to the eye than the cream was.)
4. Apply a thin liner.  They used a brown one so I was able to use my new brown liner! Mine is liquid rather than gel pencil, but I think the effect can be similar.  I don't color my waterline, so you can see the gap there.
5. Layer a brown shadow on top of the liner to soften it.  I used the contour powder again for my brown shadow.
6. Again, use a brown mascara all over the lower lashes and then use a black mascara on the outer lashes.  I only have black, however!
7. Apply two bunches of false lashes at the outer corner of the eye. I actually missed this detail and applied the entire strip lash (oops!)  I found a pair of lashes that had the same "bunches" style as illustrated, but are much longer so they ended up covering up some of the look.

The products I used were:
Day Keep pore cover cheek, AoA Studio lashes in Emma, Milani coral cove blusher, Wet n Wild Contouring Palette in Dulche de Leche,  Kate Tokyo liquid liner 3.0 in brown, and essence lash goals mascara (SO difficult to remove)

Cheek and Lips:
Cheeks are advised to keep natural.  I used the same cream blush as I used on my eyes for a cohesive look.
Lips are also advised to keep natural.  The item they used seems to be a pigmented lip gloss. I used the essence shine shine shine in pink with glitters again, though I think something with a more reddish pigment would have worked as well!

When I look down you can actually see the look a little as the lashes aren't covering it ^^;

Overall, I was quite worried how it would look until I added the brown liner and shadow.  It really makes the look a lot more structured compared to purely pink!  When I normally do pink eyeshadow, I put quite a bit more brown in the outer corner.  Doing it as a smudged liner is a new method for me, and I think it looks nice.

What is your most-used eyeshadow color?  Mine is definitely pink, followed by either blue or purple, I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!