Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Popteen Kumikki Color Make Tutorial Case 1: Blue x Resort

Recently I was scrolling old photos and saw some magazine scans I'd uploaded to my Google Photos.  I thought I'd give some of these makeup tutorials a try!  They're from quite old editions of Popteen, perhaps late 2000s or early 2010 eras.  Because I did not upload the entire magazines and the original sources are no longer being hosted (I checked) I am unable to find the rest of the scans.

I thought I would try out some くみっきのカラーメイク (Kumikki's Color Make)!Today I tried Case 1: Blue x Resort



Because my Japanese is quite poor and the scan text is small, I could only do my best!
I also attempted to imitate the photo styles from the magazine~

Eyemake Steps:
1. Cover the full eyeball in brown (upper right shade.)

2. Apply the lower left shade above the area in 1 in a W line.  I have no idea what this means so I used a darker brown in the area shown in the picture!
Because I do not actually have that type of eyeshadow, I used my contouring palette instead for steps 1 and 2 for lighter and darker colors.  Essentially, I contoured my eye.

3. Use a blue shadow (upper right in their palette) to apply from the iris to the end along the lashline.  I used Fortune from my Trendy in Tokyo palette, also in the upper right!

4. A liquid-type larme liner is used on top of 3 (Anna Sui Metallic Liner).  This step I think is just adding a sharper wing and some bling. I did not have such a liner, so I added a drop of eyedrop to Lively, a shimmer blue shadow on an angled brush to do my glitter wing.




5. Use a base of brown liner and then use black liner from the pupil to the end of the eye.  I am not 100% certain that's what this step means, but I do not own a brown liner in any case, so I used my Essence felt-tip liner which is not very dark and did a simple liner. I normally draw on my inner corner as well to balance out my eye shape.

6. Apply a larme liner under the pupil of the lower lashline.  I'll be honest: I just missed this step entirely!!

7. Apply a brown mascara on all lashes, and a black mascara on the outer corners of the lower lashes.  Again, I don't have brown mascara, so I simply used black on all!  Mixing different colored mascara like this sounds like an interesting effect.

8. Apply false lashes, which I did not do.

Face Makeup
1. Apply blusher over the cheeks and nose bridge in the area shown as a horizontal line.  I never do my blush this way as I normally apply it to the tip of my nose rather than the bridge.  Generally, I also bring it higher up on my cheekbones than illustrated.  The look done as shown seems very summery!

I used my Milani blusher in Coral Cove.  The rose imprint is fading away as I use it O_Q

2. Use concealer on the lips to lighten the natural color of your lips.  I do not like putting concealer on my lips at all!  Instead, I actually have a "concealer lipstick" from Candy Doll that I patted on with my finger

3. Apply a lipgloss (the one they use is shown) on top of your lips.  I used Essence Shine Shine Shine in a pinky color.  It has glitters in it so I thought it seemed similar to the Eternal Basic one they show.

Final look!

There was nothing said about the eyebrows so I didn't do anything to mine.  Overall, it's a very different look to what I normally wear and looks very summer.  I think it is due to the "sunburn" blush.

The eye contouring is almost opposite to how I normally contour the socket as the darkest part is towards the nose whereas I usually put my darkest shadow at the outer corner.  It was nice to try this out!  There was no face contouring mentioned either.  Kumikki has a cute V-shape face so maybe she doesn't need it as much as I do.  My jawline is wide so I usually either contour the jawbone or contour under my cheekbones (or both) to make my face look not as big and flat when I wear makeup.



Originally I was going to put all the tutorials together into one post, but I feel this is long enough so I shall do them as separate posts instead.

What do you think of this makeup?  I'm not sure I'll try this blush again since I feel my wide jawline benefits from having blush higher up on my cheekbones.  I wish I had a V-line face, but I don't :3  So I will adjust the looks to suit my face!


No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!