Monday, February 19, 2024

Lolita Market 10-Year Anniversary

 On Sunday was the 10-year anniversary of a Lolita market!  It has been YEARS since I've gone.  Since I got rid of facebook, I miss out on a lot of events, but I was able to catch this one and I'm so happy I was able to attend again!


KC: BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Blouse: Little Dipper
JSK: Angelic Pretty
Bag: Swimmer Japan

I actually got distracted on the bus over to the location and had to walk back to the building the market was hosted in~

Why does my face only look half alive here?

This year, we were given tote bags upon entry (entry fee NT$200) which was so nice!  For every $500 spent in one transaction, we also got a point sticker which could be exchanged for a lottery ticket for the drawing at the end of the market time.

Violet showing the banner! 
This was actually a photography section with a professional photographer, but I didn't get photos haha

I had planned to visit a couple stalls, but ended up buying a lot more than intended!  Spent most of my budget for the month πŸ™€

Violet at the stall of Zhiling Huang, previously blogged about here

Unfortunately, the JSK I wanted to buy from my friend's brand was already sold out (she and the two helpers were all wearing the print!) and they won't be re-releasing the JSK cut!  Next plan is the OP, so I'll see if I like the design.

Snapped from their Instagram

I ended up buying the Rosie Foxy socks instead.  They had the skirt of that print, but I don't wear skirts much.  I'm not good at coordinating the top!  My skirts all sit sadly neglected...

Clockwise from top: 
Sakura pearl necklace, Atelier17 thigh highs, cat clip, Tila Bunny clips x4, Little Rose Planet Rosie Foxy thigh highs

Overall, I spent around $3000 πŸ™€ Since I don't have very much wiggle room in my budget if I want to have savings, I only have around $1000 to last me until the 10th of March now.  But I don't regret it!  It was a lot of fun to see all the Lolitas and Brolitas and a few Aristocrats (plus some who came in street clothes haha) 

Plus I got to see some friends as well as artists!  I didn't end up winning anything in the drawings (I had five tickets) but it was still worth it~

Now I'm thinking of how to coordinate my new purchases... especially with how fancy that necklace is!

Do you have local buy/sell markets (whether for subculture or not) in your area?

2 comments:

  1. I’m not a Lolita but I wish I could have gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely! There were non-lolitas there as well, so don't be afraid to joinπŸ’•

      Delete

please share your thoughts!