Thursday, August 29, 2024

Monster Hunter 20th Anniversary x 吉豚屋 Collaboration!

Monster Hunter has been around for 20 years already!  Can you believe it?  So there are some events happening around the world, and we got a collaboration with a Japanese restaurant called 吉豚屋(Ji Tuen Wu/Katsuya) here!

Yesterday I went to the branch that had decorations in the restaurant with a couple hunter friends.  I wore a casual punk Lolita coord that is sort of a go-to haha! You might have seen it before~

Top: Putumayo
SK: Handmade by me
Socks: Five Below
Shoes: Sheep Puff (taobao)

We got seats on the second floor, which is nice because there were fewer people and more decorations on the walls!


At the top of the stairs!

The game that got international audience on board with Monster Hunter!

MHXX/MHGU is the one I started on!

Older games~

OG games!!

The newest game and expansion, with the flagship monster

Velkhana!


I forgot to take a photo of myself with any of the decorations 🙃

The Monster Hunter set meal was shrimp x tonkatsu with a drink for NT$499.  It's a bit expensive, but comes with a metal Felyne spoon and container, a paper coaster with a random weapon, and a 20th Anniversary card for sticking in the food.

Clockwise: Light Bowgun, Lance, and Heavy Bowgun coasters

I got the Light Bowgun coaster, but traded with my friend as she uses LBG and I don't use any of the three weapons we got, so it didn't matter to me.  Now I've got the Heavy Bowgun coaster :3


The meal was quite filling!  I traded my pork for my friend's shrimp as I don't eat pork.  There are stir-fried onions on top of the rice, and the shrimp tempura matched really well in flavor!  I also got two curry shrimps from my other friend who is vegetarian and ordered a curry rice, meaning I ended up with 6 shrimp!

My drink was a passionfruit red tea, and it was much sweeter than I anticipated... still tasty, but I'm not used to very sweet drinks!

So tasty!

Overall, it was a good experience! They played Monster Hunter music throughout the day and we were able to sit and chat for a while after our meal.  Eventually they needed to clean up the tables and offered us seats downstairs, but we decided to go to McDonald's instead to sit.  
I wanted to get a coffee, but the coke and coffee machines were being cleaned so no coffee for me!!  I ended up dozing off there 😹

There were also keychains and a tote bag with the mosaic Felyne logo on it you could add-on as a purchase if you ordered the Monster Hunter set meal, but none of us got them.  The bag was a bit pricey for its size and it was a simple bag.  I've got too many bags already!

Official DM for the products


Do you play Monster Hunter?  If so, what was your first game?  Or favorite game?  Are you looking forward to Wilds?  I've only watched the weapons showcases and livestream content from gamescon, and none of the demo content from other creators. I hope it'll be a great game!

4 comments:

  1. I asked my fiancé what's monster hunter before fully reading this post lol He said it was really cool you guys got a restaurant collaboration for the game's anniversary. While I'm not familiar with it, that meal sure does look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty much popular only in Japan or Asia before Monster Hunter World came out! In the west, it was more of a niche game genre before that I think.
      The meal was so good! Japan has permanent Monster Hunter cafe and bar/restaurant setups that I want to visit :3

      Delete
  2. MONSTER HUNTERRRRRRR!!!

    You are so lucky to have such an awesome collab! I wish we had things like that here even in other states ;_;

    Does the place have a site where we could see the other available things? I feel like they should have had a huge meat on bone like in the game XD

    My husband has been playing since the original first game on playstation. He and his friend got me into it when Tri came out on the wii. I wasn't a fan of that one. But he got me to play all the consecutive games after and now we play all the time.

    I don't have a favorite game but my ultimate favorite monster is the Queen - Rathian! Specifically Dreadqueen. I don't know why cause she beats us most of the time but I love her XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @キーリん♡
      I do feel lucky to get collabs for stuff I adore!!

      I'll add a DM poster to the post! I should have done that originally as I forgot to take photos of the physical product (it was kept behind the counter also, so would have had to zoom in haha)

      That's awesome your husband is such a longtime fan!!! I first heard about it back in the 2000s but it didn't seem interesting to me. Somehow, I was talked into trying MHGU and it really hooked me!! New world is so different, but friendlier to new players for sure.

      Dreadqueen is difficult!!!! Truly a queen of poison!

      Delete

please share your thoughts!