Monday, July 20, 2026

Nautical Theme Maid Cafe + Day Out!

 On Tuesday I went to Kokorolia Maid Cafe with some of the friends from the World Cup party!

 It was the first visit to a maid cafe for two of them, and this week was a nautical theme at Kokorolia!  I already tossed or sold the sailor JSK I made years ago, so the only sailor dress I had was a long-sleeve one πŸ™€ In this 30C+ weather.... I still wore it 😹

 It's a cutsew style OP, so I went pretty casual~


KC, Hair Combs, Rings, OP: BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Bag: Swimmer Japan

Also check out these random Cardcaptor Sakura goods at Lanbinshang (Japanese secondhand ACG goods shop) I saw the day before~  Cannot justify buying anything now as I'm unemployed, but it was fun to dig and find these!

Anyway, so all the maids were wearing ocean-theme outfits!  Mostly sailor-theme or sailor motif, but also on some days I saw a couple maids in jellyfish dress!

It was also the first time I was able to eat a theme meal set as this time it's salmon cream pasta!  Usually the theme sets contain pork or beef or chicken 😿


Fruity soda that looks like the ocean!

The maid drew stars and a wolf on my plate for "sparklewolfie"!!!  Hahaha I love that~  The pasta was also very delicious and the salmon was generous!

I finally realized that my level 3 VIP card allows me to take a mobile phone photo during event days!!!  I wonder how many chances I've missed on already...


I hadn't been planning to take photos so I didn't wear makeup, oops!
But this is me and Violet with Maid Nic!

Afterwards we did some shopping around before going to do an escape room!  The theme was a "volcano escape" or something.... we had to contact aliens to get a power source to save the world from a volcano??  Not going to lie, I did not pay much attention to the plot.

We finished the room in 30 minutes!  Sort of giga brain 😏 Actually, the room was rated 2/5 in difficulty, so I think it is reasonable.  Next time we can challenge 3/5!

Then we went for some noodles~  The chili crisp was fragrant but not spicy at all, so I added a lot!  This is actually only the first "batch" I added.  Ended up adding 3 times in total 😹

Also some side dishes

Finally, after a bit more wandering, we went to a bar!  The drinks were all pretty nice.  I've been here (Nonsense Bar) four times now, and tried something different each time. They have interesting flavor fusions of Taiwanese food, but I'm not brave enough to try the ones such as pig blood cake 😹

My drink is the lower left corner one and it's based off Taiwanese macaron! It was very delicious, though quite a small quantity in my opinion.  The cocktails are around NT$400 each, but minimum spend was $500/person (total) so one ordered one more drink to make up the minimum for the four of us 😹


Do you like nautical theme motifs?  Or escape rooms?  I absolutely adore jellyfish aesthetics, though I have heard the jellyfish photography places at aquariums (tubes of jellies or walls of jellies with different color lights) are incredibly stressful for the jellyfish who are used to darkness, so that's unfortunate 😿

I also love escape room a lot, but horror theme ones can be so stressful πŸ™€ and if the instructions or method of passing is not clear, it can be a bit disappointing.  I think I would challenge a horror theme escape room IF there are no live actors 😹 The scary inanimate objects are ok I hope???

2 comments:

  1. Omg I love those blue things. Especially the one with the mustache XD
    I absolutely love that photo with you and the maid! You are so cute! <3
    That food looks so good too!
    I have never been to an escape room so I have no idea how well I would do. Def no horror ones tho!
    I love nautical theme! There was even some gals that did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @γ‚­γƒΌγƒͺγ‚“♡
      They are slimes from the anime "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime" (something like that... It's long!) though I don't follow the series or know what it's about, the slimes are so cute!

      Thank you!! I love this maid cafΓ© for the good vibes and service and the fact the food is actually good!!

      Nautical is so nice for summer!

      Ooh are there any escape rooms around your area? They've gotten popular in the last decade or so!! The quality and experience can really vary though, so I always look at reviews regarding the puzzles and storyline (no spoilers ones)

      Delete

please share your thoughts!