On Monday I went to a triple-convention (games, comics, toys) and happened upon some local idol group performances! Originally we just headed over to some stage because it was loud (as in, the idol otaku were insanely loud! Cheering with all their energy) and we were curious.
While watching a bit of whatever group was performing, Exo looked up the schedule on his phone and pointed out that the idol group of my favorite maid Lena from Kokorolia Maid Cafe would be performing later! I decided I'd come back to catch her performance despite having zero interest in idol groups 😹
Our group went for lunch nearby and then parted ways. I was the only one to go back to the convention (which I shall post about separately) but I got lost trying to find the stage area again!
Being a bit late, I was not able to get close to the stage. The space was very small and there were not many people, but I was still far back enough that all my videos are just of the back of people's heads 😿
I also don't know if the video upload works on this site well... so good luck to me and you
The idol otaku who were doing the dancing and shouting kept to the back a bit so the fans who wanted to film were up close to the stage. I thought it was pretty nice that they thought to keep to the back so as to not get in the way of other fans who wanted to enjoy the concerts differently.
They also were taking turns picking each other up, sitting on each others shoulders, and even one doing what was basically a cheerleader standing pyramid so the guy at the top could do the dance moves standing up on his friends. 200% enthusiasm and 0% shame for supporting everybody!
Since I had to zoom in so far on my phone, I chose to only take video of the one I recognize, Lena. Her idol name is Kikyoin Yua I think? Usually call just Yua
Then I was unable to find their group on Instagram, but luckily Exo somehow found it (?????)
Their group is called Kiichigo Fructose and now I'm also following Yua's idol Instagram too! It seems they've been together for four years and one member just graduated.
Though I know little to nothing about idol culture, it was overall a nice experience! I'm surprised by how wholeheartedly the otaku support the groups. The really noisy dancing group in the back was staying for multiple performances, so I don't know if they are simply supporting all Taiwanese idols or there just happened to be many they supported on that day?
I'm also including a couple photos I took in case the videos failIt is also impressive how they are able to sing while dancing at the same time! And there are sometimes no breaks between songs; finish one and directly pose for next one! So much cardio work??
Maybe I will step into the world of idols? Though I know financial support is very important to idol groups and how long they are able to keep performing since it's costly to have the singing and dancing lessons, the costumes, etc. and I would be unable to support much financially, maybe it'd still be nice to have something to follow and cheer on?
Have you ever followed an idol group before? Or been a part of idol culture? My knowledge and impressions are very shallow, but I think as long as the idol otaku are pure fans (not the creepy parasocial stalker type who think money = I own you) it could be fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment
please share your thoughts!