Monday, September 28, 2026

Mini Weekend Solo Adventure

 Sometimes you just gotta have an impromptu adventure by yourself!  I decided to check out the Pokemon 30th Anniversary setup at one of the MRT stations.  They have pokeball stickers you can just grab off the wall (one per person), and a random pokemon is revealed beneath it.  The pokemon are NOT in numerical order, so you can't try to game the system!

KC, JSK, Rings: BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Blouse: Little Dipper
Underskirt: Forest Song 
Shoes: Sheep Puff
I arrived just after 11am, but all the stickers were gone already!!!! 
Not even the whole wall 

Never underestimate the power of dedicated Pokemon otaku!!!!
 I got a few snaps and took some video, so if I stop being lazy I can make a little reel for my Instagram.  But I might just be lazy 😺
 
Pokemon 30th Anniversary, thank you for journeying with us
Let's keep searching for more pokemon! 
 
 There are actually so many pokemon I don't recognize now!  In addition to regional variants, I stopped following after the beginning of Alola arc.  Now with new Megas and forms and whatever, I've become a casual 🙀

Love this sleepy owl! 

Gorgeous magical unicorn! 

Since I was out already, I decided to visit Axes Femme, which is near this station... only to find they don't open until 12:30 😹 So I had lunch nearby!

These noodles are so nice! But it is required to order wontons or chicken soup, so I passed my wontons off to the table next to me.  Also, the side dishes are unlimited and there's a variety to choose from!

I also got my free soft serve from Family Mart!  I had this voucher from an exhibit back in July I think?  It expires at the end of this month and I've been looking for a FamiMart with a soft serve machine to use it at!  This one had the papaya milk flavor only.  It's bigger than I expected!



Now that I was full, I headed over to Axes Femme~
I follow their Instagram and have been eyeing both the Sugar Bunnies collaboration and the Bouquet print.  I don't think photos are allowed inside, but I did see the Bouquet series on the mannequin outside!!! 


I'm a bit disappointed in the fabric quality.  I know Chalmiere is a budget lolita brand, so they have to cut costs somewhere, but it really feels a bit.... less than I expected still?  Honestly the print is still gorgeous, but the price is over NT$5000.  Secondhand clothing is available at similar price points or less with better quality, or similar quality clothing at far lower prices.  Still, I do think this dress would make for a decent "casual daily wear" dress... IF IT DOESN'T WRINKLE A LOT because the display dress as well as the dresses on the rack in the shop were all a bit wrinkled.  I'm not sure if the staff simply didn't bother with steaming before displaying or if it's just THAT prone to wrinkles. 
 
The sax blue headbow is pretty nice though.  I don't have sax blue headdresses so might go for that... it was around NT$1300 iirc.  Decent for a KC! 
 
There's also some jewelry I'm interested in.  Especially some jellyfish theme ones!  I should probably get an underwater theme dress at some point since I love the aesthetics of jellies and water.  I've got some seashell hair clips too!
 
After that, I went to a Japan Autumn Pop-up Market at a department store.  Funny thing is, two of my friends are currently in Japan.  so I snapped this and sent to both of them with the line "Me: I want to go to Japan
Taiwan: We have Japan at home" 

Yes, I'm very funny.  Please be impressed 😹

 
There was a candied apple stand called Candy Apple and I bought a matcha apple!  I had a really good experience last year with the candy apple I bought in Ikebukuro, Tokyo, so wanted to try this one!  I did wait until I got home to eat it so it was a bit melted in the heat, but it was still delicious!!!  The apple flavor is really so good. 
 
  
 
I bought some infused honey from one of the vendors.  NT$700/small bottle is rather steep, but they were good and supposed to have health benefits.  I got matcha for myself and acerola cherries for my mom.  The Japanese representative of the brand (not sure if owner) was very kind and welcoming.  The local staff was also lovely and explained a lot about the health benefits of each type (not that I can remember!)
 
There were also ready-to-eat vendors, but luckily I'd already eaten so I wasn't tempted!!  It was a lot of fried foods.  The "products" vendors also had very cool items! From sake glasses to chopsticks and even a couple recycled kimono vendors!
 
I've seen posts online from kimono recyclers about how there's just tons of kimonos being dumped out due to age or damage or just no more use, so they save the gorgeous fabrics to be used in new ways.
 
 
 
There was also this Dubai chocolate taiyaki that I was honestly tempted by as I haven't had a proper Dubai chocolate experience yet.  But I really need to watch my sugar intake, and I'd already had a soft serve plus bought a candied apple! 
 
 
 
 
 Overall, I did get a bit anxious about being outside alone, but still enjoyed myself!
 
What do you enjoy doing when you are out alone?  Or how do you keep yourself grounded and focused on the good things if you also have social anxiety? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!