On Tuesday I went for a seafood boil with a friend! Since my mom started chemotherapy I haven't been able to attend any nighttime events and all our game nights are at night so they wanted to check in on how I was doing. Honestly so touching!!!
We'd previously wanted to get seafood boil one night at a game night but they were full 😿 So I was happy to get to go this time even if it wasn't with everybody~
The decorations inside were so cute~~
We also ordered a bread bowl chowder which was much larger than expected. However, the hole cut out for the soup was actually not that big, so there wasn't much actual chowder.
There is real seafood on top though! And the parts of the bread in contact with the soup were so good! We couldn't finish the whole bowl and my friend brought half of it home.
The seafood boil was cool! They directly dump a whole bucket on your table (there is a tray under the patterned cloth) so it doesn't roll around. The staff is very polite and they even prepared the lobster for us!
It's also extremely expensive! NT$2280 (~US$72) for this two-person serving (not including soup) 🙀🙀🙀 I'm happy to have tried it and it was a good overall experience with the lovely staff and cute interior, but definitely won't be going again anytime soon!
Would be interested to try it in the USA or Caribbean or wherever else there is seafood boil~
Have you ever had seafood boil before? Or made it yourself? My friend in the USA said the .rice in the USA is comparable, which means it's more affordable due to their higher income. Also... Don't we have easy access to seafood too? Why is it so expensive?



No comments:
Post a Comment
please share your thoughts!