Sunday, March 19, 2023

Singapore Trip Day 3: SEA Aquarium

 On our third day of Singapore trip, we went to the S.E.A. Aquarium!  We met up with my online friend Tribby outside the aquarium and then all headed inside together~

It was very large and beautiful!  A section was under renovation, so we didn't get to see everything, but the parts we did see were magical.





This pillar reminded me of Animal Crossing:



I had brought a Lolita dress to wear.  I brought a One-Piece so I didn't need a separate blouse, and it's A-line so the petticoat was easier to roll up small compared to my bell-shaped petticoat.
KC, OP: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Bag: Harajuku Lovers
Everything else: offbrand

The jellies and stingrays were some of my favorite!

Their mouths look like smiles!



Poison dart frogs:

Sharks!

There was a fake shipwreck section that looked very cool.



There was also a starfish petting section!  Starfish feel like soft rocks somehow.  Firm and solid and textured like rocks, but not as stiff or hard as rocks.

After the aquarium, we met up with Kirata's friend kyoopi and went to Chinatown.  We had lunch at a place that wasn't very good and was a bit expensive ^^;  All the places we'd originally tried for were closed!

The food presentation was nice though! They put the ingredients for the hotpot and grilling in traditional teacups:


We also tried flavored Yakult!  It's a thing in Singapore and Malaysia~  I liked the apple one best :3  There's also grape and orange flavors, which were also yummy!  Other places only have the original Yakult.  It's been so many years since I drink Yakult!  It's high in sugar so not terribly healthy, but does contain probiotics.  Still, I just have regular yogurt drink when I want probiotics, haha! Less sugar!



I got a picture by a fake tree they had:

I also got some photos of some fun buildings nearby!


And there was an entire shop devoted to TinTin!!  I love The Adventures of TinTin!

For dinner we met up with everybody else and went to kbbq, my first time getting kbbq!  There were only 3 options for seafood: squid, prawns, and fish.  So it wasn't very worth the price for me, but it's worth it to be able to spend the time with everybody!  We had a big party and needed three grill pans~

I tried to make some abomination of eggs in squid rings.... it didn't work out and the eggs escaped!!

Tribby peeled all the prawns for me!!  It's been a long-running joke that I need others to peel prawn for me (I normally simply don't eat the shrimps or prawns because I'm lazy to peel them) and Tribby actually did it OuO  They were delicious

It was a delightful day!!  We stayed until closing and then chatted outside for a bit longer after that.  It was great to meet new friends and hang out with so many people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!