Thursday, March 9, 2023

Singapore Trip Day 1

 I took a short trip to Singapore recently!  It was so much fun to finally meet online friends in real life~

The trip was planned with kiratasama and his brother and cousin, who were in the Philippines.  We all arrived on March 4!  What we didn't know was that we would land at different terminals.  Fortunately, my friend SirSolicitous had taken it upon himself to come be the welcoming party, found me, and arranged for us to all meet at Terminal 3 so we could head to our hotel!

After we checked in, we went to a German restaurant around 7:390PM to meet up with our friends chermibear, her partner scical, himetokki, wigglemuggle, and later shinosaito joined us directly off his own flight from Taiwan back to Singapore!  I even received a bouquet of flowers from Wiggle!  It was so sweet.

Aren't they beautiful?

The restaurant was quite nice!  We were seated on the second floor and the staff was lovely.


We ordered lots of food to share~  Lots were meat dishes, but they did have two vegetarian dishes we tried!  I'm not actually sure what everything is, but I'll try to label the photos!

Some meat and potatoes dish:


A steak I think?

No Meatballs with pasta! The No Meatballs tasted quite good!


Spinach Dumplings!  They were thicker than expected and denser as well! The sauce was really delicious.  I liked the mushrooms in it~


A pretzel tree with butter:


And a big meat combo dish that everybody else shared:

It was a great first night!  We were there quite late and had some beers (I only sipped from Kirata's beers as I don't drink much beer myself) and the staff later gave us one free beer at the end of the night!

No group photos because not everybody wants to be shared online :3 

Instead, have an airplane photo of me!  I didn't have photos of my travel outfit, but it's the same travel outfit as I wore on the way back, which will be posted at a later date.

I wore a Putumayo cutsew and skirt which were comfortable for sitting in for 4.5 hours in the flight, and wore a hoodie for the air-conditioned airports and plane.  The weather in Singapore is warmer than Taipei right now, so I was able to pack lightly and only had my backpack and a carry-on luggage (which ended up needing to be checked because I brought the 300ml bottle of whisky from the Kavalan mixing experience!)

The MRT system in Singapore is very similar to the system in Taipei, so it was relatively easy to figure it out :3  Only downside is that they do not offer single-trip tickets >_<;; and we didn't have tourist passes at the time, plus my debit card didn't work!  Kirata was able to cover my trips with his spare card until I was able to get a tourist pass when the ticket office was open.

Still, it was a great first evening in Singapore!  I forgot to take photos of our hotel room, but it wasn't anything fancy.  Pretty basic and smelled like cigarette smoke despite the no-smoking rule >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!