Thursday, March 2, 2023

Strawberry Afternoon Tea

 Last week I went to the same hotel as recent lolita meetups with my cousin, his wife, and my mother for their themed afternoon tea again!  This time, the theme is Strawberry!  I was curious how they would make savory strawberry dishes.

KC: BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT and offbrand
JSK: Handmade by me
Blouse: offbrand
Shoes: Secret Shop
As it turns out, it was pretty good!

There was a strawberry croissant, a beef and strawberry open sandwich I didn't eat, a strawberry and ham quiche I sampled a bite of, a tomato and mozzarella cheese salad, and a salmon burger!


The sweets part is more as expected!  It was very delicious as well~  The little crepes at the top were in suction cups so they didn't tip over.


Clockwise from top: brownie with strawberry chocolate coating, French gummy, and strawberry mousse cake

Clockwise from top: whipped cream sandwich, cream puff, macaron with chocolate filling, chocolate-dipped strawberry, and a sweet cake with custard and strawberry.


The service is really good here as well!  They refilled our tea many times (hot water refill) and are very polite and hospitable.  

The price is a little high at $700/person plus 10% service charge, but it's a good occasional treat!

What is your favorite strawberry dessert?  I think I like fresh strawberries with cream, or in ice cream!  Really there are so many delicious ways to have strawberries that I can't decide~

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!