Friday, March 24, 2023

Singapore Trip Day 4: Marina Bay Sands

 Our original plan for the fourth day of Singapore trip was to go to the Cloud Dome and Flower Dome in the Gardens by the Bay.  It's domes of plants and flowers, and Cloud Dome had an Avatar (the blue aliens) movie theme going on at the time!  Unfortunately, they were booked full, so instead we went to the Marina Bay Sands skypark observatory and looked out over all of Singapore instead.

It's high up!
The scenery was nice!  It kept threatening rain, but luckily didn't actually rain until we were done looking around and taking photos.  Mizu had met up with us for this, and explained lots about the different buildings and shipping.  It made me realize how little I know about where I live... If any friends wanted to tour Taipei or Minnesota, I would have no idea what anything was ^^;


Afterward, we met up with SirSolicitous and Frank, and took a boat ride INSIDE Marina Bay Sands!  It's a short little ride and it's quite fun.  We got it for free because our friend Synodikos works as one of the boat drivers (idk the correct term?) 
Photo by Mizu!  Max capacity of the boats was 6 people plus Synodikos to steer.

And we got souvenir magnets from the ride too!  I put mine on my fridge :3  It makes me happy to see my friends in a happy memory.

Then we met up with Tribby and walked across the Helix Bridge to Merlion Park!  It began raining on our way there, so we detoured into a mall for a while.

This building is designed based on a durian, so it's very spikey!  

In this photo, you can see Marina Bay Sands and the observatory deck where we had been!  There's a pool up there too for the hotel guests!  It would be fun and scary to be in the pool so up high.

Of course I got a photo with the famous merlion!  It was smaller than I'd expected, but still very cool to see in person!

For dinner we met up with everybody else who had gotten off of work at a hawker center and had a FEAST!

This is otah!  It's like a fish paste thing and was quite tasty!  It was the spicy variant, but it's not terribly spicy so it was delicious!


We also ate sambal sting ray XD  The stingrays at the aquarium were so cute it's almost sad to think about eating them, but they're really so delicious!!  Going to aquarium really makes you hungry for seafood sometimes :)

And got chili crab too!!  It was really delicious!!!

Of course need some squid~  I love squid as well

It was a fantastic last full day and I may have cried on the MRT on the way back to the hotel as we were parting ways with people a little bit at a time O_Q 

Thanks for reading about my wonderful vacation! There will be one more short post about my final half-day in Singapore coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!