Monday, March 27, 2023

Singapore Trip Day 5: Jewel at Changi Airport


My final day in Singapore was a half day as I had an afternoon flight.  Fortunately, Singapore has an entire massive mall connected to their airport, so I had something to do while waiting for my flight!

Wiggle showed up to see me and my friends off.  Kiratasama and his family had a 10AM flight and like arriving early, so we arrived just after 6AM and they checked in and then we had some breakfast at the airport.  Wiggle taught Kirata's brother how to eat kaya toast properly by dipping in egg! I wish I'd known to do that when I got my kaya toast the day before!

After they entered immigration, Wiggle and I had time to wander about.

At first I wanted to go see the Changi Jurassic Mile, which is dinosaurs, but it's a long walk AWAY from the airport so we just took photos at the entrance.
It seems like it'd be an interesting walk!
 

We got our breakfast at this kiosk which was open early.  I also learned how to order coffee the way I like it - kopi o kosong!  Black coffee (no milk no sugar)

Tribby then arrived to see me off as well, and we took the bus to the other terminals, which are all attached to Jewel mall!  This is a photo from the outside as we are on the walkway:

Inside is like a whole forest!!  There is a Disney area at the center an even an amusement park and maze and stuff upstairs!

There were quite a few photo stations set up inside the Disney area.  Very cute!

There's also some bamboo forests~




We headed upstairs to check out the view!  Doesn't it look almost like outdoors?  The giant circle in the middle is where the waterfall falls from.  It's apparently the largest indoor waterfall!  It starts at 11, so it's not on in these photos.

Some areas are blocked off as you need to purchase passes to do things like the maze and such.

At 11 we returned to the Disney area to see the waterfall.  It looks very cool!


It's so big!  It makes the area misty as well.

Most exciting shop for me was the Pokemon Center of course!!!


They've got an interactive pokedex and some sculptures inside.

The sculptures are really well-made and look nice~

Isn't it cute??  The three newest starters are featured at the front!

I purchased a Singapore-exclusive Pikachu (female) flight attendant doll!  She can go with the one I got in Japan once I move and get her out of storage.  


The last thing we did before I had to enter immigration was get some yummy gelato!!

I definitely got teary when I had to say goodbye to Wiggle and Tribby and Singapore!  It was a great trip and I hope I can return sometime soon to see my friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!