Monday, March 4, 2024

Pokémon Center Taipei

 

Guess who finally got to go to Pokemon Center Taipei?  I got dressed up to go there!

The Pokemon Center is located inside a department store at a cluster of department stores, so I almost went into the wrong building!  Luckily Google Maps has got my back.


Violet is blending in!


The shop is not large, and it's pretty well-designed so it doesn't feel crowded.  However, there are many repeating products that are just places on different shelves so it appears to have more variety in products than they really have.


Taiwan-edition Pikachu!

I am most interested in house goods, but there were not many.  It's mostly plushies and toys/display figurines.

Chocolate mold for Pokeball and Pokemon

Different version!


As tempted as I was to get some plushies, I can't really justify it right now.  Not only do I not have any place to display them, I also don't have much in the way of disposable income.


SLEEPY CAT! It's SO adorable.

Sleeping on its tail!


The home goods did include things like a teapot I wanted, but it's rather small and at NT$1,010 (US$33.66) or so, I didn't want to get it just yet.  I hope I can afford it on a future paycheck!


This is apparently a hat.  It looks like it'd be an odd hat!


In the end, I only stayed for around a half an hour.  At least I didn't need to queue and it wasn't crowded.


I imagine this display will be changed with each new generation.

I tried making a video of the photos!



On my way back to the MRT, I randomly saw these Pikachu dolls displayed at a drugstore!!





The Chinese New Year Pikachu were sold out (probably sold out ages ago, as it's been almost a month since CNY) or I would have gotten one.

In the end, I bought a pair of earrings!  They cost NT$410 (US$13.66) which is not cheap, but they are so beautiful!

Sinistea and Polteageist

The shiny metal makes them a bit difficult to photograph, but they are absolutely adorable!  If they were made into a tea set, I think people would love it!  I can imagine the details would make it difficult, however.

Have you even been to a Pokemon Center?  What type of mascot goods are your favorite?  I would love more kitchen tools or organizational goods!