Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Recent Outings with a Friend from Singapore! Pt. 2

Day Three! Part two of outings with a friend!  I didn't get an outfit shot for the day, so I took a screenshot of my own Instagram reel 😹

Top and dress handmade by me



I streamed in the morning but cut it short to meet my friends for all-you-can-eat handmade tacos at Tacos Luca #1!
This is the man behind the tacos!

On weekends, for NT$600, we can eat ALL the freshly-made tacos we want!  Normally one serving of 3 tacos is around NT$300 (or I did see a sign for 1 piece for NT$120 or so) so it's very worth it to get the taco buffet instead.  The tortillas are made fresh to order and it's all very quick!
Baked beans and roasted mushroom tacos

Boss even lets us bring our own tequila in haha!  It was only my second time having tequila shots, and it's STRONG!

Each serving is three tacos, and I had four servings of various flavors!
More baked beans and roasted mushroom!

Boss also remembers Taiwan Teddy 😻 and asked where she was when she was in my bag~
Mushroom, shrimp, and mushroom tacos

The sides/toppings platter is great!

We walked around a nearby scenic area, and then went to a New York style pizza place for dinner.
Open layout, no walls on the other sides!

The calamari was decent enough.

However, the pizza was dry and disappointing!! For a 4.5⭐ rated place, it was very disappointing.  I can see that the atmosphere of the place is very popular with foreigners/Westerners though, and it actually seems like people go there to enjoy beer with friends.  I will not be going back unless it's for beer and appetizers with a crowd 😹
You can SEE the lack of flavor

Finally we went to a nearby department store where I happened to find the Pikachu-edition Oreos I've been searching for!!  I previously got the chocolate cream and the original flavor Pokemon Oreos, but hadn't been able to find the banana-chocolate Pikachu ones until now!
It was NT$89 I think?  And I gave my friends each 1/3 the packet to enjoy!

I got lucky and got the Mew card inside!!

Day 4!  I am not a very extroverted person so by this day, I was tired!  I spent the morning working on a new avatar outfit in Blender and then playing The Sims 4 in discord with a community member in a Simmer streamer's server.  My friend came over and we went out for dinner so I threw together an outfit.

This skirt is actually a US Large and is too big for me, but I still like it!

After some okayish sushi, we went to GongGuan night market and got some expensive wheel pastries (車輪餅) that were NT$22 for cream/red bean (the traditional flavors) and NT$25+ for mixed or new flavors!  Regular ones are NT$15 for one.  I still remember back when they cost only NT$10-12 for one!
Cream, Mix, Peanut-Sesame, Taro Cream, Boba + Cream, Potato Salad, Red Bean

While the pastries did have a lot of filling, the staff gave my friend the wrong one.... instead of the NT$25 boba + cream he paid for, the staff gave us a NT$22 cream one!  So we lost NT$3 for nothing 😿 and my friend was too nervous to say anything 🙃

Finally, we queued a long time for traditional egg scallion pancake!  I had it saved on my Google Maps for a while so we gave it and try and I love it!  NT$45 for a serving, various sauces to choose from, and LOADS of spring onion in the batter!  I will definitely get it again.

Overall, it was a great few days!!  I ate a lot of food so will need to diet after my friends have all returned back to their countries 😹