Sunday, March 24, 2024

Recent Outings with OTHER Friend from Singapore!

 I wasn't kidding about being busy!!

The day my first friend left, my other friend arrived from Singapore!


Day 1: It was nighttime by the time he arrived, so we wandered around Ximending.  He also gave me three bags of Irvins fish skins!!!  I've tried two of them so far.  Sour Cream & Onion one is ok. Not much sour cream flavor.  Smoked cheese one is delicious!  Really good cheese flavor.  I'm most excited to try the Salted Egg!


We went to Kokorolia for dinner and the maid drew a blobfish on his omuraisu!!  Usually maids draw something cute like a bear or a cat, or an anime character/generic maid character. This is the first time I saw something like this so it was funny and memorable!

What's impressive is my friend saw a blobfish IRL in Japan back when they found one!


I ordered the burger again because I'm boring!!  So have a closeup of Violet with the omuraisu instead.

I also finally reached tier 1 of the VIP system!  It cost 20 points to get there (lost 1 point in a game) and to get to the next tier, it will cost 30 points.... time to slowly accumulate (and bring more friends there when they visit Taiwan!)

Day 2: We met up at noon at the Pokemon Center!

I'm tempted to buy a Taiwan Teddiursa...

I bought a Yoyo Card (bus/MRT/HSR pass for Taipei) in the shape of a Premier Ball!  It cost NT$499 which is a bit pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion! I've been using my same yoyo card since 2010, so it's time for an upgrade!
Scan this to enter/exit public transit or make purchases at places that accept yoyo card!

We had brunch nearby.  On our way to brunch, we passed this interesting cat-Godzilla sculpture.
Didn't realize it was made up of cats at first!

We had brunch at 樂子The Diner, which I haven't been to in years!
Salmon Eggs Benedict!  With breakfast potatoes and a salad without enough dressing

I almost forgot my Pokemon Center bag there (I also bought a hand towel) but the staff spotted it and grabbed it for me!

Then we went to the Gundam Base, though I didn't take any photos there because I'm not a Gundam fan 😅  I just took some photos of other interesting stuff I saw.
Final Fantasy VII Remake

ADORABLE line!

PILI traditional Taiwanese puppets meeting modern world!

Finally, we headed back to Ximending as he needed to pick something up from his hotel before meeting another streamer, and we sat at 蜂大咖啡 Fong Da Coffee to sip and chat for a few hours.  We had such a good time I cancelled stream so we could chat longer!  I hot a French Hot Chocolate which was foamy and not too sweet.  Very good for sipping!


It was a great time and our first time meeting in person after knowing each other online for years!

No outfit photo from the second day.  I was wearing some Pokemon outfit haha.

Thanks for reading!  I hope you are having a good day~  Have you ever met internet friends after years of knowing them online?  Isn't it a great feeling when you get along well IRL too?