Monday, March 18, 2024

Recent Outings with a Friend from Singapore! Pt. 1

Wow I have been busy the past several days while a friend I met on Twitch 3+ years ago came to Taiwan!  We'd previously met IRL in Singapore last year.  I haven't had the time to organize my photos and blog until now~

First day I was out with my mom for a lunch buffet, so we didn't meet up until nighttime.

My attempt at a more jirai-kei look

The buffet was at the Hyatt Hotel, which is very fancy!  The food was so good, too~


Look how pretty this fountain is!

It was near Taipei 101 so we went there to walk off some of the food coma and there's always good photo setups!


Then I went to Shilin Night Market to meet my friend and tried a Korean hot dog for the first time! I never knew there was a pure-cheese option, so I'd never bothered with any of the stands before.  I also didn't know it was originally eaten with powdered sugar on top (I thought it was a strange offering of topping) so I put ketchup and mustard on top.  The batter was very thick and the cheese was hot and stringy!


There was also a cat at one of the stalls :3

 Day Two we went to Ximending and Kokorolio Maid Cafe!
I didn't get a full-body outfit shot... but this is a dress I made years ago!

Bought a couple of keychains from an anime shop.  They were NT$100 each which is a bit much for keychains, but they are licensed goods, so it's to be expected, I suppose! Still better than the original price when purchased at events!


#KuromifyTheWorld


Some NT$50 Monster Hunter Rise keychains!  Didn't buy them but was happy to have spotted them in the "mixed goods" section! They don't have their own labeled section on the racks.


My friend's wallet looks like a book.  It's cute!


I got another fish burger at Kokorolia~~ I need to try other things more!


At night we went to Raohe Night Market! I just took a photo of the temple at one end of the market haha.

This is already a very long and photo-heavy post, so I'll end it here.  Besides, I have to go meet another friend who is arriving from Singapore today 😹 One friend flies out and another flies in!